The Goonies (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Titans of Cult Exclusive #11) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 30, 2021
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - WB Shop - HMV - Entertainment Store (eBay)
Price: £34.99

Goonies Steelbook.jpg

200836511_645631960166993_4438331822459227203_n.jpg Goonies Slipbox.jpg

Last edited:
No sign of entertainment store yet either. How does zavvi ship these?

It can vary. I haven't ordered any TOC releases since Mad Max because the outer plastic case was usually cracked or crushed or knife slashed. They started out shipping them in bags, then small boxes but I don't know what they do now.

Reactions: Retro Parrot
It can vary. I haven't ordered any TOC releases since Mad Max because the outer plastic case was usually cracked or crushed or knife slashed. They started out shipping them in bags, then small boxes but I don't know what they do now.
So basically a lottery then. cheers For info.

Reactions: Stygian
Ohh I see. Like that is it.
I’ve not had any issues with Zavvi personally but they tend to be quite sparing with their packaging, so if it’s going far I’m not sure how well it would survive, especially given the nature of the TOC PET sleeve packaging

Reactions: Retro Parrot
I know I've also previously complained about the £5 increase for these editions, but when comparing it to other barebones 4K releases that are £30+, this doesn't look too bad considering the extras you get - pins alone can be upwards of £5 nowadays, and it's not like ToC's are of cheap quality either... they're actually really decent! Does make me wonder how much they'll charge if they ever include a mini steel alongside any future releases though... will they still be £35, or cost even more?

I know I've also previously complained about the £5 increase for these editions, but when comparing it to other barebones 4K releases that are £30+, this doesn't look too bad considering the extras you get - pins alone can be upwards of £5 nowadays, and it's not like ToC's are of cheap quality either... they're actually really decent! Does make me wonder how much they'll charge if they ever include a mini steel alongside any future releases though... will they still be £35, or cost even more?

They were still £30 with the mini-steels before, so I'd hope they don't find an excuse for another price hike!

Reactions: Noodles
only lenti avail
i disagree it's a million times better. jmo
ok ok, it might be a billion true :p

and the quarter slip for a pretty similar price to this! and you dont have the hassle to throw the flimsy and tacky plastic cover in the garbage

edit: ok that mightve been a little harsh.. if you like it, then go for it.. ive given ToC many many chances and was disappointed every single time... only cool thing theyve produced was the vendetta steel with cut out slipcover

Last edited:
its fake hype for another subpar titans of cult release imo.. million times better cinemuseum steel is still around btw.
Yes but how much was the CMuseum one including postage to another country? Us average people just can’t afford to cherry pick other countries’ finest. Wish I could of course. That one is really nice.

Reactions: hatredhorror