Group Buy: Hosted by Wreck
Price: $19.99
Notes: Spot Gloss Finish

goonies.jpg

fye.000000883929648467_0.jpg

Thanks to @dfoles for the heads up :thanks:

Last edited:
@Mickle_89 where do we get these steelbook ? (n):dunno:

The Goonies looks like it has some embossing...

I found FYE website, is this shipped from a warehouse ?
Are they reliable ?
The Goonies is not on they website though :grumpy:

Are they reliable ?
FYE have retail shops and warehouse to supply the stores

Online purchases
FYE ship to USA address and some US Territories
If you have a relative or friend in US forces based abroad some military bases they can ship to outside USA

FYE website
We ship to the 50 states, military addresses (AA, AE, AP) and the following US Territories: Guam, Puerto Rico, Palau, and the US Virgin Islands.

Ask Andy if he will be doing a GB as he has done for some other FYE exclusive steelbooks

Some FYE product listings don't show up on their web store until closer to release date or after and some can be retail in store only

Note
FYE online prices often is more expensive than FYE retail store prices.

• Informative
Reactions: Actarus and dfoles

Are they reliable ?
Limited info available right now buddy. I just posted the thread after seeing @dfoles's Iron Giant post

I've never ordered from FYE being in the UK so cannot comment on that either, but I see Paul's already chimed in with his wise words of wisdom, so hope that's helped :thanks:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Actarus
@apsmith21

With Paul's Advice, any chance that we get a Group Buy for The Goonies FYE Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook ?

Pretty Please if Possible :bag:
I would be interested in a group buy to add this to my Goonies collection.

Perhaps @Wreck can help. There are no FYE stores near to me the closest one is two hours away. Returns are a pain - last time @Wreck ordered they were a lot of damages.

Reactions: Actarus
@siabouncer You were previously warned about personally attacking other members and you continued to do it, as such, you have been Reply Banned from this thread for 7-Days until such you cannot reply to this thread. This is your second warning, please do not do it again.

Reactions: paulboland
I'll see what i can find out. I would presume all FYE steels will be matte until proven otherwise.

That said, I too can only order them online.

I may open a GB soon.

Reactions: apsmith21
How is FYE's shipping? Reliable? Do they ship padded in boxes or just in paper envelopes like Amazon?

Honestly is was the most hassle and worst shipping/return experience I've had in the steelbook game.

They put like 18 steels in one jumbo bubble mailer. I'm only like a couple states away from the shipping center too if i recall. Needless to say they banged around against each other and I had to return half of them.

When you place your online order you will notice you have option to cancel ............ that option disappears from your account afterwards. So even if item wont ship for another month you cannot cancel your order without contacting them. I contacted them about 10 days in advance to cancel just a few copies and was told I couldnt and i had to wait for shipment and then return them that way. Then its the typical RMA return experience where you have to explain yourself , get approval, then return items and wait for them to receive and process before crediting your account.

I'm hoping they ship in boxes soon enough .... or if there is some dinky 99 cent item that forces a box or some hack so to speak to get such treatment. If i run another GB and I have to deal with the same above again I'll likely never do again. lol. Will likely try once more tho.

FYE are a horrible company IMO. If they have a store in a mall near you i would advise that if you can. There is no way to assure anything shipped will arrive in good condition and returns are a ***** as well.

Honestly is was the most hassle and worst shipping/return experience I've had in the steelbook game.

They put like 18 steels in one jumbo bubble mailer. I'm only like a couple states away from the shipping center too if i recall. Needless to say they banged around against each other and I had to return half of them.

When you place your online order you will notice you have option to cancel ............ that option disappears from your account afterwards. So even if item wont ship for another month you cannot cancel your order without contacting them. I contacted them about 10 days in advance to cancel just a few copies and was told I couldnt and i had to wait for shipment and then return them that way. Then its the typical RMA return experience where you have to explain yourself , get approval, then return items and wait for them to receive and process before crediting your account.

I'm hoping they ship in boxes soon enough .... or if there is some dinky 99 cent item that forces a box or some hack so to speak to get such treatment. If i run another GB and I have to deal with the same above again I'll likely never do again. lol. Will likely try once more tho.
FYE are a horrible company IMO. If they have a store in a mall near you i would advise that if you can. There is no way to assure anything shipped will arrive in good condition and returns are a ***** as well.

Owch.... I live in the US and I’ll probably join the GB here just for piece of mind. :/

I don't think FYE are renowned for their quality steelbook finishing.

So far all have been basic cheap matte finish with no embossing.

Sound like a nightmare to deal with also so I'm steering well clear........

I don't think FYE are renowned for their quality steelbook finishing.

So far all have been basic cheap matte finish with no embossing.

Sound like a nightmare to deal with also so I'm steering well clear........
Isn’t FYE just a retailer, or are they actually involved in the design/finish on steelbooks? I would assume it’s like Zavvi, HMV etc where they only take what the studio serves them, only having made a deal for the right to exclusive sale of said item.

Isn’t FYE just a retailer, or are they actually involved in the design/finish on steelbooks? I would assume it’s like Zavvi, HMV etc where they only take what the studio serves them, only having made a deal for the right to exclusive sale of said item.
My point still stands. Whoever is responsible for their exclusives, be it FYE themselves or the studios, their steelbooks thus far have sucked.

My point still stands. Whoever is responsible for their exclusives, be it FYE themselves or the studios, their steelbooks thus far have sucked.
I don’t know quite what exclusives they’ve had but don’t doubt it when you say it. It’s just weird if they’re not involved with the production of the steelbook, how come all the crap finishes ends up with them? Curious.