The Graduate (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: September 15th, 2014 (was August 11th, 2014)
Purchase link: The Graduate (live on Sunday, June 15)
Price: £17.99
Notes: full gloss, limited to 2000 copies

more info to come...

GRADUATE_3D.jpg

GRADUATE_back.jpg

GRADUATE_inside.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 254
Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't mind getting this as I love the film but £18 for that artwork and single disc is too much. Plus it's out in August which is pretty jammed with the Indy steels as it is. Gonna have to trade to trade for it later on down the road or keep an eye on the bay.

I've just put in a complaint to Zavvi about the standard of their steelbook designs as this one was the last straw. I mean just look at some of the recent examples - Machete Kills, Sin City, Scream, The Deer Hunter...all crap.

If you're as frustrated as I am then why not do the same, it only takes 1 minute to complain to them?

I've just put in a complaint to Zavvi about the standard of their steelbook designs as this one was the last straw. I mean just look at some of the recent examples - Machete Kills, Sin City, Scream, The Deer Hunter...all crap.

If you're as frustrated as I am then why not do the same, it only takes 1 minute to complain to them?

See your point, 100%

However, No point complaining as Zavvi will not do anything, other than pass your comments onto their "operations department"

Which in Zavvi tongue means "in one ear and out the other"

If Hoffman is supposed to represent the 'A', then why is he standing in front of the 'U'?

Indeed, the shadow does make it look as though he's standing in front of the 'U'.

I have the Studio Canal digibook of the Graduate and this mediocre looking steelbook has not tempted me to sell that/double dip.

This is the LAZIEST artwork I have seen since This Is Spinal Tap! It's like the white counterpart. "Could this be any more white?"

Surely Studio Canal could have come up with better? Why even bother releasing a SteelBook if they're not going to make an effort with the artwork? They're just taking the piss out of us now, pure & simple!

I like this artwork for this film it's a well known classic as is the line on the back cover. It's elegant and simple and I'm not really sure that I've seen someone do better artwork in a mockup either so I don't understand how people can complain. Well that's my opinion anyway is that it suits the film and alot of the time simplicity is more. In the case of this film with a steel it fits.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Noodles
Amazing movie, but not giving Zavvi another penny.

Also why can Zavvi not confirm Under The Skin's finish when they can confirm this one. Surely the studio should confirm when asked.

Another nail in the coffin.

Last edited:

Also why can Zavvi not confirm Under The Skin's finish when they can confirm this one. Surely the studio should confirm when asked.

Zavvi seem to only be releasing information which will benefit them and not things that collectors actually want/need to know. They refuse to tell you the finish on under the skin and they also will not confirm the print run for Pinocchio.

Because they know as soon as they confirm Under the Skin is matte there will be mass cancellations, as confirmed by the posters in the thread.