The Grand Budapest Hotel (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 2nd, 2015
Purchase link: The Grand Budapest Hotel (live)
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.

11164383-5654322080399287.jpg

11164383-1934322080416099.jpg

11164383-1324322080410942.jpg

Last edited:
this is really really good news, love the art and that pink would pop nicely on gloss finish but Fox tends to have poor streaky matte finish.... ouch... anybody remembers Fox steely that has gloss finish recently?

Last edited:
Reactions: Flloydo
?

Not sure what you mean!
With the cancellation of the remaining Simpsons DVDs and the seeming flat out refusal to release True Lies, The Abyss, or remaster properly their "jewels in the crown" like Die Hard, and Speed, or the X-Files in HD- many believe (as I do) that FOX really dislikes physical media. I think they are buying into the myth of "the death of physical media" and want to stop making it.

Last edited:
With the cancellation of the remaining Simpsons DVDs and the seeming flat out refusal to release True Lies, The Abyss, or remaster properly their "jewels in the crown" like Die Hard, and Speed, or the X-Files in HD- many believe (as I do) that FOX really dislikes physical media. I think they are buying into the death of physical media and want to stop making it.

Oh right I gets you.

Would love true lies or the abyss

Reactions: C.C. 95
With the cancellation of the remaining Simpsons DVDs and the seeming flat out refusal to release True Lies, The Abyss, or remaster properly their "jewels in the crown" like Die Hard, and Speed, or the X-Files in HD- many believe (as I do) that FOX really dislikes physical media. I think they are buying into the death of physical media and want to stop making it.
I actually wrote about this very topic here.
The death of physical media is a LIE!! By 2019, physical media will STILL dominate.
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/physical-media-still-80-of-hollywood-revenue.66311/

Interesting,
Did not know about that DIVX thing. Crazy.

Cheers
Yeah, the only company that bit on partnering on these (DIVX) was Circuit City. You could buy DIVX only at Circuit City when they arrived.
As time would bear out- Circuit City was NOT an intellectual thinktank. (!)
One of their many bad decisions that sunk them.
(Maybe they should have sold DIVX as something 'cool' like Mission Impossible cuz it self-destructs!):LOL:

Yeah, the only company that bit on partnering on these (DIVX) was Circuit City. You could buy DIVX only at Circuit City when they arrived.
As time would bear out- Circuit City was NOT an intellectual thinktank. (!)
One of their many bad decisions that sunk them.
(Maybe they should have sold DIVX as something 'cool' like Mission Impossible cuz it self-destructs!):LOL:

Haha yeah.

So glad discs never went that way

Haha yeah.

So glad discs never went that way
Physical media is awesome. But the digital...look at these new virus programs where they can lock up your stuff on your Hard Drive until you pay! If you have HD copies of movies maybe the studios can repossess your movies and lock you out of your own computer files if you don't pay them! Like I said in that piece, they (the studios) want to effectively get back to the 'rental' model in a digital medium. They cannot control something you physically have in your hand.
p.s. Another thing about those DIVX discs - the coding for the DIVX discs screwed with the picture and sound as to make them supremely unstable and bad viewing)

• Informative
Unfortunately, it isn't really a continuous picture front to back. I lined them up...
View attachment 185900

I noticed that earlier. I am loving this but a little dissapointed with that back but still looks ok like that anyway

Any way here's for hope of a wes collection, although they are all released by different studios. I know this and fantastic Mr fox and Darjeeling are 20th Century fox, moonrise is universal and so on

Reactions: C.C. 95
finally was only saying the other day wish zavvi would have done this and hey presto it appears with correct poster artwork which is what it needed.
well done zavvi:thumbs:

and no bugger tagged me either :rolleyes:

not sure if you been tagged but look up @chunk @Flash @zoneism you may want this.

i will be on it, if we can only get a live time :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

basil :thumbs:

Reactions: Flash and chunk