New artwork courtesy of hung17:
ggatsby-tw.jpg

4710756094623.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 303
Last edited by a moderator:
After 'The Godfather' disappointment news I now fear that this will also turn out to be Metal Box/Futurepak etc, either way preordered and paid and if they do look nice (slips and all that) then might end up keeping them and start a new type of Metal collection from Taiwan :naughty:

So JSDVD says it's a steelbook, but Choi says it's a metalpak.

What's the truth :'(?

Most likely a futurepak (metalpak). The HK version has been stated by the distributor (Deltamac) to be a Futurepak. As the Taiwan version is also distributed by Deltamac (according to YA) it should be the same since all Deltamac releases are the same for HK and Taiwan.

So JSDVD says it's a steelbook, but Choi says it's a metalpak.

What's the truth :'(?

Most likely a futurepak (metalpak). The HK version has been stated by the distributor (Deltamac) to be a Futurepak. As the Taiwan version is also distributed by Deltamac (according to YA) it should be the same since all Deltamac releases are the same for HK and Taiwan.

What is a Futurepak and how different will it be compared to SteelBook, Viva Metal Box, MetalPak and IronPack?

Last edited:
Reactions: lgans316
It's a very sad news that Asia is abandoning SteelBook for MetalPak (FuturePak). The majority of SteelBook collectors don't want any of the MetalPak Editions. I have only two in my collection. One I regret buying - Fire Dragon Chronicles. And the other, which is very nicely embossed, Mutant Chronicles. So that's it for me with MetalPak (FuturePak).

Its the same director as Moulin Rouge! So visually dazzling, and a great period, 1922 to get taken back to via Hollywood excess.... I enjoyed it with the wife so thats always a good thing. :hilarious:

Great soundtrack to buddy. ;)

Not that were going to open the steel though!! :p

Simple & classy, I love it :oohyeah:
Preordered @ JSDVD :scat:

I agree on all fronts mentioned. Visually it was pretty to see and the soundtrack is simply awesome. Well made and classy. This has the potential to be a really pretty release like the Romeo and Juliet and Moulin Rouge metalpacks from China.

Well, it's unnecessary to slap his face on the cover. I guess it's part of the strategy to boost the sales. The cover for the UK version is much better. I'm not too keen on this one.

I am not a big Leo fan, but I have to say that this Taiwan release looks better than the UK one, although the UK one also looks excellent.

So, sent an email to JSDVD regarding whether this is a Futurepak (Metalpak). And this is the reply I got....

Dear Customer,

The information from supplier is steelbook, we are waiting for supplier to reconfirm.
We'll offer actual pictures if it's not steelbook, please let us know when you need cancel order.
Sorry for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Best Regards
Sammi. ^_^
JSDVD.com

So hopefully its still a steelbook. Have to wait and see...;)

Last edited: