The Great Wall (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Japanese Artwork Series #8) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 7, 2020
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £24.99
Notes: Limited to 1,100 copies

TGW.jpg

TGW (inside).jpg

TGW (open).jpg

I had to look it up, it is that really bad Matt Damon film from a few years ago. Was confused for a sec.
the front looks like some shite 90s alien invasion film made with the same budget as super mario brothers

Also, this is number 8 lol. And it’s release is December. HMV and universal are seriously churning these out. Suppose the studios need some money with Covid affecting cinema releases

• Haha
Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
With the movie studios up Schitt's Creek without a paddle this year with no films and now hardly any cinemas, they need all the £££s they can get, but i'm telling them here and now, they're not getting anything from me from this wave...

There’s always re releases anyway but I mentioned in a thread a few Months back that because of no new releases we will see an increase in re releases and it’s really showing now. And even with the busier period of releases at this time of the year due to Christmas it just feels so weird seeing just re releases lol.
This month has a crazy release schedule. December seems quiet but I’m expecting so many 4K re release announcements over the next month with release dates before the year is out. But this wave seems so excessive now. Luckily only been interested in 3 out of the 8 but having second thoughts on those

The film has a certain cheesy charm for me, but that art :rofl:
What's really funny is the lengths the normal artwork (and pretty much all advertising, including trailers) for this went to to NOT show the creatures...

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
I loved the film, especially when they started to hit the drums.
But yes, not the greatest film of all times...

I enjoyed the film but I missed the UK release steelbooks. Can't say I'm too impressed with the front cover artwork on this. Back looks fine, but I don't think that would be enough to convince me to get this. Shame, up till now I've order all the Japanese poster series. This may be the first gap.