The Greatest Showman (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Nov 29, 2017
Release date: October 29, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order September 30 around 6 PM UK time)
Price: £19.99

11897440-1694613674954776.jpg

showman_3.jpg showman_4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually really like the artwork but it looks like they've stuffed it up with a terrible finish and no embossing. Shame.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I actually really like the artwork but it looks like they've stuffed it up with a terrible finish and no embossing. Shame.
Same... I like the artwork, but they've ruined it with the cheap finish. That seems to be happening a lot with steelbooks lately. (n)

My copy still in transit . . . from the limited number of pics posted full advantage has not been taken of the potential for something truly special here . . . although to be fair too early to tell if there's spot gloss or metallic reflections present to add some much needed vavavoom.

Anyway, does what it's meant to do - provides original artwork on a steelbook for a not unreasonable price as well as providing a decent artwork contrast to what's already out there.

Fan of the retro circus showman colours and design of the artwork and the way it references original P.T. Barnum advertising (the character, after all, on which THE GREATEST SHOWMAN is based):-
1540737366470.png
/
1540737669256.png

1540736131074.png
1540736516691.png
1540736622519.png
1540736752470.png
1540737518140.png

• Helpful Post
Reactions: robbodoc
Someone must have this right now?! Pictures?

Yes, in an elegant un-showy (non-streaky) matte finish . . . the finish kind of perverse taking into account the title - THE GREATEST SHOWMAN - a title that would lead one to assume that a gloss/more showy finish would've been used . . . still, however, w/ a certain amount of showiness thanks to the gold highlights.

Never mind, still a worthy steelbook with its elegant red and gold Victorian period style artwork . . . not unhappy with mine and prefer it to the out of focus edition by a long chalk.

Better idea of the metallic reflections to the gold parts can be had from this pic courtesy Steelbookpro:-
1541938481870.png

1541938652584.png

1541938689978.png

Last edited:
Reactions: laz305
Genuine question @virkia

Are you a collector of steelbooks? I always see you comment on threads of steelbooks that you say you own but you always post other peoples pics.

Just curious.

Genuine answer - yes, but not hard core . . . more a collector of films than steelbooks / than a photographer of steelbooks . . . although have bought approx. 90% of all steelbooks released in the UK since May, 2008.
Hope that satisfies your curiosity.

What about the extras? Doesn’t it say there is a lyric book and extras inc the singalong version? Is that an extra blu ray or just standard on all one disc versions? I managed to pick up the kimchi lenti cheap on the bay but I haven’t received it yet. Couldn’t stretch to the manta as now going for 50-60

What about the extras? Doesn’t it say there is a lyric book and extras inc the singalong version? Is that an extra blu ray or just standard on all one disc versions? I managed to pick up the kimchi lenti cheap on the bay but I haven’t received it yet. Couldn’t stretch to the manta as now going for 50-60
The FAC edition has the sing-along feature. It's just an option in the features. Not sure if it's standard on all discs.......