The Greatest Showman (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Nov 29, 2017
Release date: October 29, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order September 30 around 6 PM UK time)
Price: £19.99

11897440-1694613674954776.jpg

showman_3.jpg showman_4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Since both the front image and the image showing the front and spine shows the bottom of a 1/4 slip I believe the back that is showing is the back of the slip or the J-card.

Also as usual the listing on Zavvi's site says *Artwork subject to change.

Oh snap, looking at it closer and your totally right well spotted :watch: I can see that faint 1/4 slip line now on the front. It all kinda blends together and didn’t notice that originally. Still not a fan of it as Manta really knocked it out of the park with theirs.

Oh snap, looking at it closer and your totally right well spotted :watch: I can see that faint 1/4 slip line now on the front. It all kinda blends together and didn’t notice that originally.

I only noticed the back of the steelbook had a movie review on it after looking a second time. I thought it was a promotional review for the actual circus in the movie. Then I noticed the ratings logos and I thought they can't possibly be thinking of putting those on the steelbook again.

But I don't know why they aren't showing the proper image of the back unless there isn't really going to be much to it.

I only noticed the back of the steelbook had a movie review on it after looking a second time. I thought it was a promotional review for the actual circus in the movie. Then I noticed the ratings logos and I thought they can't possibly be thinking of putting those on the steelbook again.

But I don't know why they aren't showing the proper image of the back unless there isn't really going to be much to it.

Yeah the second pass gave it away and like you say artwork is subject to change which is mentioned on their website so all will be revealed later I guess.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian

The way I'm looking at the artwork is like this: the front has the faint line for the 1/4 slip look BUT the back doesn't have it going through it. Seems like one of those jcards that is 1/4 in the front and completely covers the back. I don't think the actual artwork on the back of the steelbook is showing the way it's layed out.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Cheers!

• Thanks
The popularity of this movie shouldn't be underestimated, there will be non-collectors looking to pick a copy of this up too.

I'm certain the back is purely the jcard.

• Thanks
The way I'm looking at the artwork is like this: the front has the faint line for the 1/4 slip look BUT the back doesn't have it going through it. Seems like one of those jcards that is 1/4 in the front and completely covers the back. I don't think the actual artwork on the back of the steelbook is showing the way it's layed out.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Cheers!

Yeah that's the way I figured it as well. Zavvi releases tend to have the quarter slip front that covers the entire back.

O-ring or J-card the back is 99.9% always covered (as with everything there are exceptions but without checking can't remember which ones).
Strange though that we haven't been shown the back artwork - unless there isn't any.
Anyway, another exception made . . . expensive even w/ 10% off . . . ordered, as I like how different it is to the other steelbooks for this film.

Cancelled my pre-order. Have it on Blu already. Will wait for a price drop. Really hope the artwork is something unique. Embossed or debossed in the right areas, could be something.