The Green Knight - In theaters July 30, 2021

That is awesome, hope something like it happens ...
...just a thought would it be a mindbender write Knight on green ? Or both The & Knight ... pls. lemme see it. Pls. :notworthy:
Thanks! I'll be surprised if it gets a steelbook at all tbh. :(

I'm done and dusted with this concept and already on to the next one I'm afraid bud, plus I think using green would be too jarring with the other colours tbh.

Sieppaa.JPG 464434594-m.jpg xSieppaa.JPG 295802_front.jpg

Getting reaaaaaal fed up at the complete lack of clarity as to when this is getting released over here.
Irish/UK release date pulled, no update as to when its coming out now.
I'm hearing its being given to Sky to air on Sky Cinema which is an absolute crime.

Really hope Entertainment Films are never given distribution rights to another film again, an absolute shambles of a company.

Reactions: Noodles
Getting reaaaaaal fed up at the complete lack of clarity as to when this is getting released over here.
Irish/UK release date pulled, no update as to when its coming out now.
I'm hearing its being given to Sky to air on Sky Cinema which is an absolute crime.

Really hope Entertainment Films are never given distribution rights to another film again, an absolute shambles of a company.
Out of all the services here I find Sky/Now TV to have the worst picture quality too. :(

Really want that green vinyl from A24

Still no god damn announcement on a U.K. release

Managed to watch this

I did enjoy it. But it was also lacking/ missing something. It’s visually a treat, the acting is great particularly Dev. The music is chilling and medieval. Just what I wanted. But something was missing.

The more I think about it, it grows on me.
But it’s not left the effect that say Midsommar left on me. I probably hyped it up too much

Id still happily buy a steel premium or a cool A24 edition. It’s got some awesome art.

I wanted a few more weird encounters on his quest and I lost it for about 10 minutes when he went to Joel Edgertons castle. Got a bit bored at that point. It picked it back up after but I just wish there was a bit more going on with the quest

Managed to watch this

I did enjoy it. But it was also lacking/ missing something. It’s visually a treat, the acting is great particularly Dev. The music is chilling and medieval. Just what I wanted. But something was missing.

The more I think about it, it grows on me.
But it’s not left the effect that say Midsommar left on me. I probably hyped it up too much

Id still happily buy a steel premium or a cool A24 edition. It’s got some awesome art.

I wanted a few more weird encounters on his quest and I lost it for about 10 minutes when he went to Joel Edgertons castle. Got a bit bored at that point. It picked it back up after but I just wish there was a bit more going on with the quest
Just said this to you in a text, but I feel like I wrote your post myself, because what you said is exactly how I felt about the film too lol. Certainly not a bad film, but it wasn't quite as weird or out there as I expected. At least it leaves you thinking though, which is when you know a film has left an impression. Definitely in need of a rewatch at some point!

Reactions: Flloydo
Saw it last night. Absolutely adored it. It was exactly what I hoped it would be.
I do wish
they'd actually leaned into the fact that Joel Edgerton's The Lord was The Green Knight, at least in the traditional story he is the human form of the Green Knight, so I would have liked a little weirdness from that
but otherwise I loved it.
Agree about its visual, its stunning, the cinematography, production design & costumes are all top notch. And the weird medieval score gave it the right sort of haunting feel.

A24 are apparently releasing a 4K at some point like they did for Midsommar so will definitely pick that up.

• Thanks
Just said this to you in a text, but I feel like I wrote your post myself, because what you said is exactly how I felt about the film too lol. Certainly not a bad film, but it wasn't quite as weird or out there as I expected. At least it leaves you thinking though, which is when you know a film has left an impression. Definitely in need of a rewatch at some point!

Oh sorry I haven’t seen it yet. It certainly leaves me thinking and I like that. I can see me obsessing over it after the next watch lol

Saw it last night. Absolutely adored it. It was exactly what I hoped it would be.
I do wish
they'd actually leaned into the fact that Joel Edgerton's The Lord was The Green Knight, at least in the traditional story he is the human form of the Green Knight, so I would have liked a little weirdness from that
but otherwise I loved it.
Agree about its visual, its stunning, the cinematography, production design & costumes are all top notch. And the weird medieval score gave it the right sort of haunting feel.

A24 are apparently releasing a 4K at some point like they did for Midsommar so will definitely pick that up.

oh I’ll be up for a cool edition of it from them. Will cost a bomb. But hey ho. Maybe even a Japanese steel package like with midsommar. Although I’d wait for a half price drop like I did with that one lol.

I was under the impression that a few people are him at times. Or at least a few characters seemed to insinuate they knew what was going on with Gawain.

is it a direct copy of the source material poem or has David Lowery put his spin on the story too?

I was under the impression that a few people are him at times. Or at least a few characters seemed to insinuate they knew what was going on with Gawain.

is it a direct copy of the source material poem or has David Lowery put his spin on the story too?
Its pretty accurate to the source material actually, some of it is obviously a bit more fleshed out & the ending is different.
There's only a passing reference in the poem to what Gawain did on the journey, no mention of him getting attacked & robbed, it talks about him fighting dragons, wolves & being chased by giants. And I don't think there's any mention of a fox either bar the Lord catching one one day. The bulk of the story is Gawain with the Lord, from like verse 35 to 80. And the poem deviates a lot to what the Lord is doing when he's off hunting while Gawain is at home with the Lady.
And in the poem the woman in white with the blindfold is Morgan le Fay who places the enchantment on the Green Knight, as opposed to his mother in the movie.

• Helpful Post