Premium Supporter
Feb 16, 2016
GER
Release date: March 23, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon DE
Price: €14.99

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've cancelled the one on amazon.fr and ordered this one.
Better packaging. I'm pretty sure that steelbooks will be the same.
Crappy matte finish and overpriced :)
Yeah agree.
I think all steelbooks will be the same with matte finish also.

Like the previous 'Matrix' wave from Warner :(

€15 is OK for this though I think. If Zavvi get it it will be €20!

• Thanks
Reactions: javiermendoza
Hope the French release is better but I've a bad feeling it'll be the same (n) I've just ordered both and ill cancel which I hate the most or who has the worst packaging if the design happens to be the same

Last edited:
For such a classic film, and has been wanted for a long time in the Steelbook collectors community, they decide to go with this artwork. And you just know the finish will be rubbish. :banghead: Calling all premium retailers, get a WEA deal for this movie quick and you'll be onto a winner.

Reactions: lgans316
Movie title, extreme close up of Tom Hanks and a random background image; did they hire a Filmarena designer for this? :rofl::hilarious:

I'm afraid this will be another one of those uninspiring cash milking matt steelbooks which the world doesn't really need...

Would it kill them to put a black man on the cover?

Michael Clarke Duncan was clearly the star of this film, i usually forget tom hanks was even in it.

lets be honest, when i think Green Mile, i think - massive black man. not tom hanks. but hey, i guess plastering tom hanks face over the cover and adding the huge tom hanks text just in case anyone didnt recognise him is one way to sell the film.

f105e85ddd430b8c7faca71c889944fc.jpg

Last edited:

Michael Clarke Duncan was clearly the star of this film, i usually forget tom hanks was even in it.

lets be honest, when i think Green Mile, i think - massive black man. not tom hanks. but hey, i guess plastering tom hanks face over the cover and adding the huge tom hanks text just in case anyone didnt recognise him is one way to sell the film.

Could be part of Tom's contact (like Tom Cruise and Matt Damon) to have his mug plastered over everything as standard......

Would have been much happier with this artwork