IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: July 30, 2018
Purchase links: Plain Archive - Novamedia - YesAsia
Price: $38.49 (PA) - $37.99 (Nova) - $47.99 (YesAsia)
Notes: 3 Disc Digipak & O-ring Sleeve (Gold Foil Letterpress) + a 22 page Booklet (Korean & English Support)

81070568b10ae181a2af7a3d6befdbbb_800x.png

70937260ce38b8df13d3c973e15bec22_600x.png
9610e692d24785c18f4054215bc00c4e_600x.png
3_09f893f7-0265-492f-93a7-f5f8e2516b47_800x.png
c1f1b5cf3ce3fc0d3b8c6552af193ee2_600x.jpg

Last edited:
most of the korean blu-rays i bought have the ratings logo as stickers on the front and if printed only on the spine.

Yep as usual it's just CJ finding as many ways as possible to be the most annoying Korean BD publisher. UK is the same though, they're no longer legally required to put the big age rating on the spines but most still do it. :wacky:

This edition looks amazing can't wait to get it. Thanks @moon

• Haha
Reactions: Real Steel
@moon
Would it be possible for you to provide the dimensions (height/width/depth) for the Digipack? I would like to know whether it would fit inside my German collector's edition.
lol. why would you want to fit the korean digipack into the german slipbox? :LOL:

i understand the german edition is dvd size. so even if u can fit the digipack inside width-wise, its height would be short of the german slipbox.

You are right, @Last Lizard. Now that I have the Digipack in hand, the printed red ratings logo does look annoying. And even more so considering that both the Type A & B Full Slips have it as a removable sticker!

And I was hoping that the O-ring Slip is thicker this time. Disappointingly it's still the same filmsy and tight slip that all CJ Digipacks come in. And this slip is a dull matte print. :meh:

But the Digipack inside is a beauty.

• Informative
Reactions: Last Lizard
You are right, @Last Lizard. Now that I have the Digipack in hand, the printed red ratings logo does look annoying. And even more so considering that both the Type A & B Full Slips have it as a removable sticker!

And I was hoping that the O-ring Slip is thicker this time. Disappointingly it's still the same filmsy and tight slip that all CJ Digipacks come in. And this slip is a dull matte print. :meh:

But the Digipack inside is a beauty.

Yeah I was reasonably sure they would stick to that annoyingly tight fit slip as well.. they are nothing if not consistent lol. I get the feeling design wise they weren't willing to budge much away from the established style of the entire set and do something like older CJ #'s i.e holofoil font or some print embossing like on the Tazza digipack. Thankfully Slipbox A is nice and glossy (maybe B is as well I can't recall?).

While I like the design of the digipack I knew it would probaby come up short to stay in line with most of the others. I mostly just bought it because I decided to own all the the movies in the series I like the most in CJ digipack form. Just have one missing that I have to pick up: Barking Dogs Never Bite..which is also quite ugly I must say! :rofl:

Yeah I was reasonably sure they would stick to that annoyingly tight fit slip as well.. they are nothing if not consistent lol. I get the feeling design wise they weren't willing to budge much away from the established style of the entire set and do something like older CJ #'s i.e holofoil font or some print embossing like on the Tazza digipack. Thankfully Slipbox A is nice and glossy (maybe B is as well I can't recall?).

While I like the design of the digipack I knew it would probaby come up short to stay in line with most of the others. I mostly just bought it because I decided to own all the the movies in the series I like the most in CJ digipack form. Just have one missing that I have to pick up: Barking Dogs Never Bite..which is also quite ugly I must say! :rofl:
Type B is also disappointingly dull matte as in the Digipack slip. Only Type A has a nice oil coating.

Oh Barking Dogs Never Bite doesn't look bad actually. I was lucky to get it when it was available. Love the movie and it introduced me to Bong Joon-Ho.

Last edited:
Type B is also disappointingly dull matte as in the Digipack slip. Only Type A has a nice oil coating.

Oh Barking Dogs Never Bite doesn't look bad actually. I was lucky to get it when it was available. Love the movie and it introduced me to Bong Joon-Ho.

Yeah I waited too long before making the jump to bluray in the first place.. rather than think ahead and grab some early CJ releases I had to overpay for all of them that I wanted. :rofl: I was aware Barking Dogs was out there and available but for some reason just didn't jump on it/expect it to go OOP as fast. I should have probably known being Bong but oh well.. just waiting for a copy to appear some day. :watch:

• Thanks
11.jpg

Maybe you can see it in this picture, when you slide it off, the O-Ring leaves some marks on the Digipak. I reckon you shouldn't do it too often or else you'll have some ugly scratches in it. The matte finish is an invitation to those fine scratches, unfortunately.
Apart from this matter and the flimsy O-Ring, I like the Digipak a lot. The print is outstanding and it feels sturdy. Huge fan of the artworks chosen for the discs. And I also like the booklet very much.

... and not to forget of @Masta Norris

12.jpg

(it fits perfectly width wise, but the height and depth certainly don't)

;)

View attachment 388292

Maybe you can see it in this picture, when you slide it off, the O-Ring leaves some marks on the Digipak. I reckon you shouldn't do it too often or else you'll have some ugly scratches in it. The matte finish is an invitation to those fine scratches, unfortunately.
Apart from this matter and the flimsy O-Ring, I like the Digipak a lot. The print is outstanding and it feels sturdy. Huge fan of the artworks chosen for the discs. And I also like the booklet very much.

... and not to forget of @Masta Norris

View attachment 388293

(it fits perfectly width wise, but the height and depth certainly don't)

;)
Beautiful pics, @CleverLoginName. There are many picturesque scenes and the foot massage is one of them. I wish it was chosen for a postcard.

And that damned filmsy tight O-ring. I threw mine aside and just kept the Digipack. It's just too much trouble sliding it in and out. :naughty:

Btw, is the German photo book having the same pages as the 144-page but bigger one from Korea? It's stated as 140-page, so I wonder what are the missing 4 pages.

I'm thinking of getting the German release for the photo book and the postcards. But still pricey with shipping as the discs without English sub are practically useless.

Last edited:
Reactions: CleverLoginName
  • Thanks
@CleverLoginName
Thank you so much for the pics and for verifying!
I hope you didn't unseal the Col. Edt. just for me ;-)

I reckon I could have made something out of cardboard to fill the empty space inside the hardcover slip, but I guess it is not worth the trouble. Nevertheless that Digipak is top notch! Kudos!

• Thanks
This is an absolutely brilliant film. I have this digipack. Beautiful quality packaging but the real beauty is on the disk. Don't leave it sealed in your collection. Watch it.

• Thanks