The Hateful Eight (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Finland]

Ranavalone

You have to be tough in Finland
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Apr 21, 2013
Finland
Release date: May 11th, 2016
Purchase link: Discshop.fi, CDON.fi, Kodin1 (shipping only within Finland)
Price: 24.95 EUR (CDON, Discshop), 21.99 EUR (Kodin1)
Notes: Scandinavian four-country (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland) common release

the_hateful_eight_-_steebook_blu-ray_2_disc_nordic-36693605-frntl.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Marco86
I think we need a few more logos on the bottom of the cover:wacky:
Yes, there's definitely room for a few more :):facepalm:

But at least they will be only on the J-card.

Edit: Turns out that Scandisk brought us a most unwanted feature - rating symbols are printed on the steelbook itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: StifflersDad
Slightly better price at Kodin1.com (21.99 EUR)

No longer unambiguously advertised as a two-disc release (n)

Last edited:
in my internet it is :dunno:
Cheers, mate :) I managed to add the "unambiguously" qualifier after you quoted my post.

Discshop can't seem to make up their mind whether it's going to be a one-disc or a two-disc release.

I certainly would like it to be a two-disc release with a generous helping of extras; we'll see soon enough :thumbs:

Reactions: nefilim
That blue banner looks like it's part of the steelbook?

It is. Read the posts from some of our Scandinavian members in the thread for the identical Swedish Steelbook, which includes a full set of images.

This is not a good release. Printed banner. Printed ratings logos. Printed back. No inside artwork. A bonus disc with nothing extra other than some trailers.

Oops! Must have completely missed that. Thanks guys.

I found that pic online. I really thought the title was debossed from that photo. Obviously it's not. :/

In your "defense" though mate, I did looked debossed to me as well;) That's why I asked who's pic it was.

This is such a hideous release. They completely missed out on everything that makes a good steelbook. And that 2nd disc with the 13mins of extras + trailers. What's that all about? :LOL:

Any steel out there with this art but without blue banner? Hell I could live with the logos. But I suspect much like django release in USA anchor bay later released the white one. I could see same happening for hateful eight.

Any steel out there with this art but without blue banner? Hell I could live with the logos. But I suspect much like django release in USA anchor bay later released the white one. I could see same happening for hateful eight.

Amazon.it and amazon.de have steelbooks with the same basic cover art, but lots of text on the front in foreign languages. And of course it doesn't say anything about interior art and back cover art.

Amazon.de steelbook
Amazon.it steelbook

• Informative
Reactions: Wreck

@Wreck As already pointed out in the above post, both the Italian and German Steelbooks have the same front artwork as the Scandinavian one. Although the rear and inside artwork for both have yet to be published, it's possible to draw conclusions from the respective distributor's previous Steelbook releases.

The Italian edition is from 01 Distribution. All of their previous Steelbook releases ("Rush", "The Wolf of Wall Street", "Pompeii", etc.) have had printed backs and no inside artwork. This will probably be the same.

The German edition is from Universum Film. Their earlier Steelbook releases ("Judge Dredd", "Lockout", "Black Hawk Down", etc.) had printed banners on the front and printed backs. On the plus side, they did have inside artwork, the spines faced the correct way for us Anglo-Saxons, and the FSK ratings symbols were removable stickers.

However, with their release of "A Walk Among the Tombstones" last year, Universum moved over to including a J-card with their Steelbooks. The backs are now clear and the printed blue banners have also gone. They still include inside artwork.

So, if you want this particular artwork on a Steelbook, the German one is the one to go for. Out on the 30th May. At EUR 19.99, it's also marginally cheaper than the Italian one. Just for good measure, the title is in English and not German.