Purchase link: HMV
Price: £19.99
HDN Group Buy: Naughtius Maximus hosting

01-288712.jpg

pics below from luke :thumbs:

the_hateful_eight_packshot_open_outside-1-fit-to-width-431x431-q80-png.234579

the_hateful_eight_packshot_inside-2-fit-to-width-431x431-q80-png.234580

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a call from hmv yesterday that there is no more copies anywhere. Waited two weeks and got this news. Disappointed. That's why i pick up the revenant today.

Reactions: Flash
I got a call from hmv yesterday that there is no more copies anywhere. Waited two weeks and got this news. Disappointed. That's why i pick up the revenant today.

The revanant will no way suffer the same fate as hateful eight. H8 was WEA art and had loads of damaged and missaligned issues

Revanant is everywhere

Might sell out over time but not just yet. Most likely get a drop on it over time too.
Manta and/or FAC to the rescue

The revanant will no way suffer the same fate as hateful eight. H8 was WEA art and had loads of damaged and missaligned issues

Revanant is everywhere

Might sell out over time but not just yet. Most likely get a drop on it over time too.
Manta and/or FAC to the rescue

Hateful eight being Tarantino also, it's also much better film than Revanant so can't see its steel going anywhere soon as you say it's everywhere

I'm sorry you couldn't get one. Do you have any FOPP stores near you?

Hateful eight being Tarantino also, it's also much better film than Revanant so can't see its steel going anywhere soon as you say it's everywhere

I'm sorry you couldn't get one. Do you have any FOPP stores near you?

For me the films are equally amazing. Not sure what one I prefer, I've only seen revanant once though and H8 3 times

Yeah tatantino does add to it suppose but then revanant is Oscar winner for best director and Leo's first win
But then again H8 features a ennio score and also won a Oscar for it so they both have their perks

The main reason for H8 selling out is WEA and less copies being avaliable. Like I said revenant is everywhere and premium editions of the same WWA coming out soon aswell as an amazing looking WEA from manta

Hard to predict which movies sell out. Fury sold out quick too. Can't remember that winning an Oscar.

Wasn't that WEA at the time with embossing?
That's your answer if correct

I really couldn't stand the art anyway so I picked up the French version.

I agree most the time you can't tell but a hint with a Hmv exclusive Is it going in and out of stock a couple of times. When that starts to happen it means it will sell out soon as they are sourcing other copies and left overs like the did with this

Also I you read my post again I said H8 went because of WEA and QC issues.
Not the oscars. They are just perks

Wasn't that WEA at the time with embossing?
That's your answer if correct

I really couldn't stand the art anyway so I picked up the French version.

I agree most the time you can't tell but a hint with a Hmv exclusive Is it going in and out of stock a couple of times. When that starts to happen it means it will sell out soon as they are sourcing other copies and left overs like the did with this

Also I you read my post again I said H8 went because of WEA and QC issues.
Not the oscars. They are just perks

Ah yeah that was WEA wasn't it. I guess that helps a lot then. As collectors from all over will want them too.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Hard to predict which movies sell out. Fury sold out quick too. Can't remember that winning an Oscar.

Yes winning an Oscar definitely does not mean the film is actually any good, many films that have won I thought were **** and Revanant was one of them, I see its steel being around a long time.

@Flash
Why. Do they have some

Hey yes some Fopp stores have had the odd one instore, if you have one near you give them a phone and ask, you never know, friend of mine got theirs in there. It was the same price as HMV own Fopp now. Hope you find one :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Ashish
Hey yes some Fopp stores have had the odd one instore, if you have one near you give them a phone and ask, you never know, friend of mine got theirs in there. It was the same price as HMV own Fopp now. Hope you find one :)
Thank you mate. Will try that..

Nice pics!
The alignment is very good on your copy, even though the print is a tiny little bit offset to the left.
But what happened to the steelbook? Looks like it has suffered quite a lot, check out the nasty dents on the top left corner at front half (and the top right corner of the backside, accordingly).

Nice pics!
The alignment is very good on your copy, even though the print is a tiny little bit offset to the left.
But what happened to the steelbook? Looks like it has suffered quite a lot, check out the nasty dents on the top left corner at front half (and the top right corner of the backside, accordingly).
that dent is just the reason why HAVE can swallow my..... joined the GB for this release, and had to find out the steel was dented on the top left corner AFTER all the issues with the offset of the embossing. So in short: HMV make you pay TOO much for a steelbook they aren't able to produce the way they should be produced. And even worse, every steel that has been returned with this reason is put back on the shelf to sell it again :(

scam, fraud & a big finger for all us collector's from HMV....

are these damaged steelbooks coming direct from HMV?

or from group buys?

Copy was safe before shipping, no bought on GB.

Copy and shipping box was damaged by postal services, french or UK, I do not know. No doubt, the box have the same type of damages and I saw some pics of the copy before shipping, it was mint.