The Hateful Eight (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Sweden]

raspor

Premium Supporter
Dec 2, 2011
Oxie, Sweden
Release date: TBA, 2016
Purchase link: discshop.se,CdOn.com , Discshop.fi (ships only within Finland)
Price: 249 :- skr
Subs: swedish, danish, finish & norwegian
cover art subject to change

hateful_eight_ltd_steelbook_blu_ray_2_disc.jpg

Last edited:
@Ranavalone I'll probably watch the movie in the weekend. I think the contents is in the 2nd pic in my first post (but I can confirm later).

I always thought that those two special features mentioned on the back [Beyond the Eight: A Behind the Scenes Look (1080p; 4:58), Sam Jackson's Guide to Glorious 70mm (1080p; 7:49)] would be on the main feature disk, as their total length is less than 13 minutes.

Still curious... :LOL:

I always thought that those two special features mentioned on the back [Beyond the Eight: A Behind the Scenes Look (1080p; 4:58), Sam Jackson's Guide to Glorious 70mm (1080p; 7:49)] would be on the main feature disk, as their total length is less than 13 minutes.

Still curious... :LOL:

@Ranavalone Those two featurettes are included on every other Blu-ray release of this title but on the same disc as the actual film.

So, either it's new content or Scanbox has decided to place the two featurettes on their own disc.

Even if it is new content, there's no way that I'd even consider getting this particular Steelbook now that I've seen the images of it.

Epic failure on the part of Scanbox.

@Halvari Thanks for checking the extra disk :thumbs:

This would almost be hilarious, except for the overall disappointment :D

Well, maybe we are getting the best possible PQ, if all of the main feature disk space has been used for the film.

Not quite holding my breath on that, either... ;)

That is a pretty poor effort. All the logos and the blank inside just look lazy. I can't understand why they had a second disc when the bonus content on all the other releases is on the same disc. Surely it's not just for the trailers?

Reactions: spass
That is a pretty poor effort. All the logos and the blank inside just look lazy. I can't understand why they had a second disc when the bonus content on all the other releases is on the same disc. Surely it's not just for the trailers?

Agree Simon. And on top of that, if you look at the mock ups in the different purchase links, the steel doesn't have the printed blue banner which it has on the final product. o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: Sigill
Agree Simon. And on top of that, if you look at he mock ups in the different purchase links, the steel doesn't have the printed blue banner which it has on the final product. o_O
I never even spotted that @spass! Damn I think that's the first time they have added a blu banner when it wasn't showing in the mock up shots.:wacky:

Well, the artwork isn't outright awful, albeit somewhat bland. And they have the tag line in English (a given, really, for a four-country release).

But they fully and completely ruined it after that :LOL::hilarious:

I did send my comments to the sales director at Scanbox when this came out. Never heard anything back, though. And I was civil. Really.

• Thanks
Hopefully he took notice! :coffee:
Unless it was his own grand idea to have everything painted on the steelbook; rating symbols, blue banner, overview in four languages, ... :naughty::LOL:

The price dropped fairly quickly on this. At CDON Finland from 24.95 EUR to 12.95 EUR in three months, now at 9.95 EUR. I do hope they'd notice at least that :coffee:

• Thanks