The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Amazon Excl. Extended Edition with Statue) [USA]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
RELEASE DATE: Nov. 12th, 2013
PRICE: $59.99 (2D) / $69.99 (3D)
ORDER:
2D Version
3D Version

2D
image.jpg

3D
View attachment 43100

BETTER PICTURE OF THE STATUE/PACKAGING:

5 Disc BD: BD 1: 3D Ext Edition Feature + NZ Trailer BD 2: 3D Ext Edition Feature BD 3: 2D Ext Edition Feature + Filmmaker’s Commentary BD 4: • “The Appendices Part 7 – A Long Expected Journey: The Chronicles of The Hobbit – Part 1” • “The Appendices Part 8 - Return to Middle-Earth: Creating the World of The Hobbit” UV Copy of Ext Edition. “Riddles in the Dark” was sculpted by Gary Hunt from Weta Workshop. Gary is part of the wider Weta team who worked on the film. The figurine is approximately 2.07 lbs. Size: 8” wide, 5.25” deep and 7” tall. The outer giftset box is illustrated by the film’s concept artists Alan Lee and John Howe.

ORIGINAL POST:
According to OneRing.net, the home of all Lord of the Rings news and fanfare, the Extended Edition will finally arrive on November 12th and that the 3D version will include seven discs; four Blu-rays, three DVDs. It also sounds like WETA will be involved in some way or form, so there's an excellent chance that we'll receive a cool Collector's Edition like the old LotR Extended Edition DVD sets. I'll update this post/thread as more information is revealed. :thumbs:

EDIT: Thanks to BarnDoor for mentioning that Peter Jackson has stated that the Extended Cut will run an extra 20-25 minutes in length.

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend's copy
1455002_10153430368640007_313748434_n_zps55fc4424.jpg

1000340_10153430368970007_844872042_n_zps28806af8.jpg

Looks pretty good. Is that a lenticular cover?

Mines dispatched, so I'll expect it in roughly 7 - 10 days from U.S to UK, unless of course HM Customs get their hands on it, then it'll take a lot longer and I'll have to pay quite a bit more for the hassle. But hopefully it'll arrive in good time.

[/SPOILER]

Looks pretty good. Is that a lenticular cover?

Mines dispatched, so I'll expect it in roughly 7 - 10 days from U.S to UK, unless of course HM Customs get their hands on it, then it'll take a lot longer and I'll have to pay quite a bit more for the hassle. But hopefully it'll arrive in good time.

Does it come finally in Digibook or the black amaray inside? If you can post more pictures it would be great! ;)

Good video. Pitty about the Amaray instead of Digipack. You should pick up the U.S Extended Edition Dvd's, they're the same idea as the UK versions, but the packaging is better, with actual leather like textures instead of the UK smooth, to make them seem even more like books. They can be picked up dirt cheap nowadays.

Anyway, good video. Can't wait for mine to arrive. I missed a parcel today, hopefully that was it. Did you have to sign for it?

I tried to show the texture of the US Dvd here. Not a very good photo (it's actually the same green as the UK) but it gives an idea of the textured surface.

I was kinda hoping for the same book type packaging with The Hobbit movies. Ah well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dino Last
Collectors Editions - Slipcover
US - The Hobbit Extended Edition - Collectors Box Set

Really pleased with this set. The artwork on the box is amazing. The statue fits my LOTR collection perfectly, and very very happy with the embossed lenticular slipcover which has very fine detail to make it look old and dated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone in the UK received their's via standard delivery yet?

[Update]

Mine arrived. from dispatch to delivery - 14 days by standard delivery. I can live with that, considering the size of the box it came in.

My Bilbo Statue's sword is bent, but it's a plastic part so should be fixable. Also, I don't like how Gollum's arms have joins in them. His left hand isn't even resting on the rock on my statue, whoever glued it together didn't do a very good job. There was a QC passed sticker in the box too, so a bit of a shoddy job there too.

Gollum doesn't actually look that bad, he looks like he might be about to reach down to grab Bilbo, but Bilbo's crooked sword looks hilarious.
v1y9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

[Edit] Wow! Imageshack removed my Gollum figurine picture!??? What's that all about?

Last edited:
Reactions: liorb22