The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Amazon Excl. Extended Edition with Statue) [USA]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
RELEASE DATE: Nov. 12th, 2013
PRICE: $59.99 (2D) / $69.99 (3D)
ORDER:
2D Version
3D Version

2D
image.jpg

3D
View attachment 43100

BETTER PICTURE OF THE STATUE/PACKAGING:

5 Disc BD: BD 1: 3D Ext Edition Feature + NZ Trailer BD 2: 3D Ext Edition Feature BD 3: 2D Ext Edition Feature + Filmmaker’s Commentary BD 4: • “The Appendices Part 7 – A Long Expected Journey: The Chronicles of The Hobbit – Part 1” • “The Appendices Part 8 - Return to Middle-Earth: Creating the World of The Hobbit” UV Copy of Ext Edition. “Riddles in the Dark” was sculpted by Gary Hunt from Weta Workshop. Gary is part of the wider Weta team who worked on the film. The figurine is approximately 2.07 lbs. Size: 8” wide, 5.25” deep and 7” tall. The outer giftset box is illustrated by the film’s concept artists Alan Lee and John Howe.

ORIGINAL POST:
According to OneRing.net, the home of all Lord of the Rings news and fanfare, the Extended Edition will finally arrive on November 12th and that the 3D version will include seven discs; four Blu-rays, three DVDs. It also sounds like WETA will be involved in some way or form, so there's an excellent chance that we'll receive a cool Collector's Edition like the old LotR Extended Edition DVD sets. I'll update this post/thread as more information is revealed. :thumbs:

EDIT: Thanks to BarnDoor for mentioning that Peter Jackson has stated that the Extended Cut will run an extra 20-25 minutes in length.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that a Digibook or a slipcase? I want this, but it'll cost me an arm and a leg to ship it to the UK. And there's the possibility of import taxes too.

I found that with the Lord of the Rings sets, the UK releases were of a lower quality, so I got them all from the US.

But I definitely want this.

I'll have to have this to go with my LOTR collection. For those asking, it's been confirmed that this edition will be 13 minutes longer than the theatrical cut.

Is that a Digibook or a slipcase? I want this, but it'll cost me an arm and a leg to ship it to the UK. And there's the possibility of import taxes too.

I found that with the Lord of the Rings sets, the UK releases were of a lower quality, so I got them all from the US.

But I definitely want this.

It looks like a slipcase, I think they would have stated it if included a Digibook.

Pre-ordered this as seeing it's Warner I would not be surprised if the UK ends up with an inferior boxset at a more expensive price even after the expedited delivery charge.