The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Blu-ray Lenticular Slipcover) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

mllNY

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Aug 29, 2011
New York, NY
Just got an email from the WB Shop and the link to the BB site has a BBY on it with Gollum Cover

The Lenticular Effect will change from Bilbo to Gollum

794043165917;size=m2

BUY HERE

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 192
  • Hobbit.jpg
    Hobbit.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 186
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like target has a lego bilbo, walmart has the digibook, and the wb shop has a poster set

Sadly I'm going to put all my chips on this being a slipcover. I really hope I'm wrong. And I don't have any "proof" but I bet you anything if it was a steel it would be the same shared with FS.... well only time will tell and I will keep track on this thread.... fingers crossed!

Sadly I'm going to put all my chips on this being a slipcover. I really hope I'm wrong. And I don't have any "proof" but I bet you anything if it was a steel it would be the same shared with FS.... well only time will tell and I will keep track on this thread.... fingers crossed!

I agree as of late BB have been quick to identify steelbooks as steelbooksin the title. Would be AWESOME if this was a steel though :ohno:

No buy at all for me, i'll be putting my eggs in for an extended boxset years down the road. This is assuming 48fps doesn't make the leap some day :p

After further research, I really don't think this is a steelbook. I'm betting it's just an exclusive cover containing the documentary "A Hobbit's Tale Part 1: The Journey Begins"

Steelbook is a nice idea but I'm waiting on the Extended Edition this fall/winter. I'll rent this version but won't be buying it.

lol, you know what's so funny to me about this. The Hobbit is already extended, I mean, what MORE could Del Toro and Team Wignut have added? Seriously.

There wasn't a whole lot of material to start with.

Reactions: Ricker
lol, you know what's so funny to me about this. The Hobbit is already extended, I mean, what MORE could Del Toro and Team Wignut have added? Seriously.

There wasn't a whole lot of material to start with.

The possibility of a few mins mostly just scenery :hilarious:

I bet they release a box set with all 3 films that have extra extra content that the EE never get!