The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Blu-ray Lenticular Slipcover) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

mllNY

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Aug 29, 2011
New York, NY
Just got an email from the WB Shop and the link to the BB site has a BBY on it with Gollum Cover

The Lenticular Effect will change from Bilbo to Gollum

794043165917;size=m2

BUY HERE

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 192
  • Hobbit.jpg
    Hobbit.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 186
Last edited by a moderator:
Do not leave this in the sun, even for 10 minutes. Mine bowed and started ungluing while I was picking up zdt steels

Almost missed this release until I saw a copy at the checkout line with that stupendous Best Buy exclusive sticker. Very nice lenticular slip IMO.

I went there to buy the 3D version only, but when I saw the exclusive slip & bonus documentary. A feeling came over me. I had to have this edition. It is very precious to me.

the lenticular works really well on this release. Some lenticulars need some playing with the viewing angle and some imagination...this one doesn't at all.

...and i agree. it IS "all about gollum":scat:

Reactions: WKRP
Went to bb to pick up zero dark steel and thought about getting this instead of the Walmart digibook but I couldn't get over the fugly blu combo pack emblem on the top I wish the manufacturers would stop doing that totally takes away from the cover art.

Sent from my iPad

at least we have an idea how the French steelbooks would look like!

A lot of choices for this title. I already have an Asian or two on order. The lenticular works very well. I was in BB today for something else and picked this up too. Figured I had 30 days to make up my mind. They gave me a $10 gift card for buying $50+ in blu-rays.

You have 15 days now, not 30 days. Unless your a silver member. Then you have like 90 days I think.

Reward Zone Premier Silver customers will receive a 60 day post purchase price match to Best Buy's prices for purchases that occur on or before April 18, 2013. Reward Zone Premier Silver customers will receive a 15 day post purchase price match to Best Buy's prices for purchases that occur on or after April 19, 2013.

Unless your a Silver Member you pretty much screwed for post day PM'ing. You can't do it anymore. If your not a Silver Member you can only get to PM the day of purchase and 15 days after that. And even the 15 days are for only if the price drops at BB only.

New PM policy.

We will also match prices post purchase if we lower our price within 15 days of your purchase.

So that means BB not anyone else. If the price drops on AMZ, again you can not so it.

Reactions: Sigill