The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: APRIL 2015
Purchase link: in store only
Price: £17-18 (TBC)
Group Buy: Naughtius Maximus < click (UK instore purchase only)

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked this up Yesterday.
Very nice steelbook. I cant fault it.
I really like it.
Having 4 discs in there, always makes it feel like your getting a good deal as well

well that was fun . I went in first thing to pick up my pre-orders from the Oxford Street Store. After being directed to two different counters (apparently they don't do orders in the dvd dept anymore and from the basement upstairs can mean one of two locations) I am asked if I have received a call - No, but it's out today and you have a display. They then have a look and only after finding out that it's a Blu Ray find my orders. They then have a problem sorting out the deposit . I pay (and have a discount due to pure HMV) and then ask to pre-order the chappie . They ask me 3 times if I mean the blu ray, before deciding it's marked exclusive and then warn me three times that it's not out until July (I hold back on explaining what pre-order means) and then pay in full for the order (no deposits anymore it seems). at least they are in perfect nick and don't have security tags.

well that was fun . I went in first thing to pick up my pre-orders from the Oxford Street Store. After being directed to two different counters (apparently they don't do orders in the dvd dept anymore and from the basement upstairs can mean one of two locations) I am asked if I have received a call - No, but it's out today and you have a display. They then have a look and only after finding out that it's a Blu Ray find my orders. They then have a problem sorting out the deposit . I pay (and have a discount due to pure HMV) and then ask to pre-order the chappie . They ask me 3 times if I mean the blu ray, before deciding it's marked exclusive and then warn me three times that it's not out until July (I hold back on explaining what pre-order means) and then pay in full for the order (no deposits anymore it seems). at least they are in perfect nick and don't have security tags.

I picked up my copy today from Oxford St, and pre ordered a copy of Exodus, and only paid a fiver deposit.

Purchased mine earlier and goodness me the quality is possibly the worst I have EVER purchased.

You only have to look at it the wrong way and the paint comes off.

The print jobs on them seem to be terrible.

Looking forward to the Extended version being released so I can get rid of this.

Went into Bury this afternoon with the intention of buying this.

Happily I looked at an opened one on the shelf first - just couldn't bring myself to spend twenty quid on it. just seemd so tacky, and the matt finish was off-putting somehow. I just expected more.

Went to Katsouris, bought some Ciabattas and their gorgeous cooked meat instead :) :thumbs: :thumbs:

I got mine from xtra-vision.co.uk recently with one of their discounts, it has small dents on the front and back, with scuffs on the front. I'm not suprised it has dents with the A1 mailer they used, it's always a risk with these horrible mailers.

I don't think I will bother with xtra-vision again after I deal with this return. I may just settle for a refund if they give it and go to my local HMV, they may well have it in stock.

Warning to anyone considering it: Xtra-Vision are sending them out in flimsy card mailers. Both my copies arrived scratched and dented. Sadly, this is not going to be a viable option of acquiring HMV titles unless they improve the packaging.

Did you get a refund for these or replacements? is it possible to switch a front and back from the two steelbooks, using the custom removal method to make one good steelbook?

Last edited:
Unfortunately my family member decided to borrow this before I even got my hands on it, ripped off the j card and threw it without me knowing. I know it is silly but I really like my steelbooks with them and wondered if anyone will sell me one or does not want theirs?

Thanks

GBP 19.99 at Xtra-vision with XVPOUND for a quid off the listed price of GBP 20.99.
Their packaging appears to be a problem now but it was fine a month or so ago with the thick cardboard wraparound type and I wonder which moron decided to shelve this and go with thin cardboard envelopes.