The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]

May 30, 2014
Release date: March 24, 2015
Purchase link: Future Shop.ca
Price: 27.99$
Group buy: Drum18
Notes:

01.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be good if futureshop release this under their banner hope it has excellent artwork and great quality into making this steelbook worth buying sounds good , but will await further updates...

So its the same artwork as the HMV steel......time to get out of that GB

BB should get this art too.....unless they choose different artwork

I've learned with The Hobbit movies that Peter Jackson does release The Extended Version every-time (critic do talk about it and he spoke about it also) so for the 2nd hobbit movie I didn't but the Theatrical release and waited for the Extended Version, this way I'm saving myself some money just buying the Extended Cut which is the version you want anyways. So I will be waiting for the extended Cut.

Reactions: harry
@Drum18 The Artwork Looks Stunning I believe this is the best Artwork of any Hobbit releases....the Dragon artwork on desolation of smaug FS Exclusive Extended Edition Steel would be 2nd.

But like I said, Since Peter Jackson always releases the Extended Edition not too long after the first release of the Hobbit in question, I go straight to the Extended as if not it ends up costing too much (buying same movie but shorter, rather wait and have full Peter Jackson Extended Edition)

That Banner across the bottom....:facepalm::squint: Plus another dull matte finish...:meh::asshat:

The Hobbit was so beautiful with it's gloss finish then they completely ruined it with the 2 that came after...IMO
We really need an awesome full gloss set with continuity of artwork for the extended versions with slip box, goodies for the triolgy...

Please Blufans are you listening ? :whistle:

That Banner across the bottom....:facepalm::squint: Plus another dull matte finish...:meh::asshat:

The Hobbit was so beautiful with it's gloss finish then they completely ruined it with the 2 that came after...IMO
We really need an awesome full gloss set with continuity of artwork for the extended versions with slip box, goodies for the triolgy...

Please Blufans are you listening ? :whistle:
The matte finish is a Peter Jackson choice on all of his hobbit projects, gloss makes it look too clean I think

• Helpful Post
Reactions: rj531
The matte finish is a Peter Jackson choice on all of his hobbit projects, gloss makes it look too clean I think
If that is the case then why did the first film in the triolgy have a beautiful Gloss finish?
My Taiwan copy is glorious with it's high gloss finish, as is the french release.....:drool:

Reactions: lgans316
If that is the case then why did the first film in the triolgy have a beautiful Gloss finish?
My Taiwan copy is glorious with it's high gloss finish, as is the french release.....:drool:
Two reasons I suspect, mind you I'm just going off guessing and what I've heard from the studios.
1) He liked gloss on Lord of the Rings so tried it on the Hobbit and ended up not liking it.
2) Asia gets away with not having things approved all the time :) (Lucky bastards)

As per next week flyer (tx rabbit from BD)
Price for the release day is 27.99+taxes

Last edited:
I received my copy in the mail yesterday (on release day, so that was nice) in perfect condition. I think the steelbook is rather 'ho-hum' (finish and artwork) but I'm glad to complete the trilogy of individual releases. Maybe I'm not as pleased with it because I also received the Big Hero 6 Target steelbook in the mail today as well. :drool: