The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies: Extended Edition (3D+2D Blu-ray Jumbo SteelBook) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 23rd, 2015
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
HMV
Zavvi.com
Price: £21.99
HDN Group Buy - Hosted by Naughtius Maximus

91OWcaXuHrL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the tag how come they only last such a short time?

I have a little theory
Usually points go onto your acoount with 16 days or something like that and when we ordered with the x25 points deal they had to be redeemed by today's date so they have given them to us on the final day probably in hope that a lot of customers don't see it.
I never got an email about it, was just by chance I checked and when I look at previous points in my account I've had a few where they have given me quite a few 100 points some 200 and 300 and one 500 which all expired without me knowing I had them.
so judging by my experience I have a feeling quite a few customers don't realise

(I do usually get emails about getting 100 points for free)

• Informative
Reactions: .Lethal and harry
Would any Ninja who already bought this steelbook please be so kind and list me the subs for the 2D and the 3D discs?
according to the amazon.co.uk site:
  • Language: English
  • Subtitles: English, Dutch, French, Italian
  • Dubbed: English, French, German, Italian
One of the reviews on amazon.co.uk :
You get five discs with the first two being the film in 3D. The third disc is the film with optional Commentary in 2D. Disc four and five are the Appendices, 'Gathering the Storm' and 'Here at Journey's End'. For me The Hobbit five armies has the best 3D and the picture quality is just stunning.

***SPOKEN LANGUAGES***
English 7.1, Francais 5.1, Portuguese 5.1.

***SUBTITLES***
English, Brazilian, Portuguese, Chinese Complex, Chinese Simplified, French, Korean, Espanol - Latino, Thai.
Is there refering to the appendices discs or for the 3D disc?

Any help would really be appreciated

Thanks

Those are the specs of the 3D disc: the 3D disc is the same as the USA version, just like The Desolation of Smaug EE.
btw could anyone confirm by menu disc the tracks/subs on 2D disc? For the TH: DoS the disc was the same as the FRE/ITA

Thanks a lot

Reactions: Xenomorph
with thanks to @Kendo76 for checking the discs for me,

For all dutch ninja's : There are no dutch subs on the 3D discs of the Hobbit , the battle of the Five armies extended edition steelbook UK
see Kendo76 reply:
3D has french, spanish, portuguese, chinese, and japanese.

Only the 2D disc has Dutch subs..

strangely enough The hobbit an unexpected journey extended edition steelbook UK , the 2D and 3D discs had dutch subs (I own this steelbook)
For The Hobbit the Desolation of Smaug extended edition steelbook UK only the 2D discs had dutch subs and the 3D discs have no dutch subs

Thanks again to Kendo76 for checking the discs for me