The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Media Markt Excl) [Germany]

This would be THE release to have if it was in English. I wonder how much it'd cost to make a lenticular? :p
English DTS-HD MA 7.1, German DTS-HD MA 7.1 (2D Disc Spanish DD 5.1)

Subs : English, German, Danish, Finnish, Icelandic, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish

maybe price will drop to 29,99€ on release date :ohno:

Reactions: Sargast
This would be THE release to have if it was in English. I wonder how much it'd cost to make a lenticular? :p

well the discs will be in english, that's for sure. I guess you mean the writing on the cover saying smaug's einöde (or whatever) and not the desolation of Smaug. I honestly don't care about that (would care if it was a language like russian or some asian one, which changes everthing due to their alphabet)

I'm amazed that there's little to no talk about this release, when AUJ was such a nice lenti steelbook (both in germany and france). Considering this will be the only lenticular out there, the lack of a GB or even conversation (there's FAR more talk about Winter Soldier steel, even when that one comes out in August and this one in 11 days) is just astonishing to me.

That's probably because the last German Hobbit lenticular wasnt really that nice (not a fan personally of those full sized magnets) and the finish underneath was a cheap matte finish.

The French lenticular edition was much better and had a gloss finish. It's so disappointing that there is no French version this time around. Now I will have a mismatched set :angry:

Unfortunately none of the releases are good quality and doesn't bode well with the title of the film. Also 5 discs doesn't help.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Doubt this would be 4 discs, more like 4, 2 3D, 1 2D, and 1 extras, no dvd.

Is it already known if this is with a magnet like the France first Hobbit steelbook?

Yeah, this is the only one that will come out, warner france looks like it has dumped doing steelbooks and are only interested on digipacks now. However, like it's been said, it might not be glossy like the french was. (Only way to know is to wait until it comes out). However, only lenticular out there, maybe on a worldwide scale.
Again, fail to understand why there's no GB for this one when it's the only lenti being released. People are going crazy with Futureshop one when it's not even 3D! (plus, this cover, with Thorin, just kicks ASS! tired of seing Gandalf always on covers, we get it, he's on Lord of the rings later, give it a rest!)

WOW, was actually lucky enough to order the guards of erebor edition of amazon.de which (according to them) includes the steelbook with lenticular cover. Had been keeping an eye out for months and this afternoon finally got it. Had the US edition pre-ordered but I calculated how much would cost me that PLUS getting this steel from a GB or ebay and it was a no-brainer, difference was like 10 euros, which to me are compensated by getting it way earlier than the US edition or the steel via GB or ebay. Happy days!

FYI ninjas the UK 3D amaray has the same lenticulur image on the slipcase (with english). So you can fashion your own custom lenticulur magnet for your uk steelbook and then sell the amaray. Much better than double dipping. I was inspired by GeekTragedy into doing custom lenti magnets and now it's an obsession!

Reactions: Hooltra
Shame as I would have liked to add it to my collection but I'm not a huge fan of full lenti-card cover steels 'with the exception of MoS BB'.

Taiwan will definatley kill the competition out there with it's release, slips talks these days! :D ;)