The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - Extended Edition (3D +2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

morfeusz

Premium Supporter
Jun 23, 2013
Colnbrook UK
Release date: November 3rd, 2014
Buy link:
Amazon UK £24.99
Zavvi.com £24.99
Play.com £21.99
WowHD £28.99
Base £24.99

01.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh? Current price for the 3D amaray of DoS is £17 on Amazon. Also, looking at my past orders, last year I paid £21 for the 3D steelbook of AUJ extended. So I would expect the 3D steelbook of DoS extended to also be about £21.
He's talking about the EE edition, not the theatrical one; take a look here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LTQPA40/?tag=hidefnin-21
I hope this is a special edition with some kind of statue, book end or whatever else, since last year i paid £15 for the EE "normal" of AUJ

Last edited:
Reactions: alan chaplin
Now that it's listed on zavvi, and considering the "internal information" some ninjas have all the time from zavvi, doesn't anyone know the live date??

That price D: how much was AUJ when the jumbo extended steelbook came out? Surely it won't be that expensive on Amazon?

hopefully amazon will come to town, last year when ordered AUJ from them i paid £19.54 on 5th nov and it was released on the 11th nov this may become a sit and wait like last year. If they don't sell enough the price drops usually nearer to release.
to be fair though allow for inflation reckon £25 would be fair as 3d + 2d is usual going rate imho, time will tell we will see ;)

basil :thumbs:

p.s. as a side note still got my AUJ in shrinkwrap i is collecting the lot and back to back sittings will be happening it will pee the wife off :hilarious:

Saw the 5 Disk set Amaray from Amazon and loved that they finally used an artwork that I think is kick ass, they used the dragon over the gold... stunning... previous releases they have chosen poor artwork I think as I never liked the covers, this I love it..

Now I HOPE THAT THE STEELBOOK Extended Edition will also have the Dragon as the artwork. I pre ordered my amaray Dragon in case the steelbook is another poorly chose artwork

Last edited:
Now I HOPE THAT THE STEELBOOK Extended Edition will also have the Dragon as the artwork. I pre ordered my amaray Dragon in case the steelbook is another poorly chose artwork

in all honesty can not see them using same artwork on a steel from another version already, point becomes why then buy the steel if you have same art you just end up paying more if you see where i'm coming from.
but i do hope they get there skates on it's out in 9 weeks 3rd nov unless it gets moved back and amazon is dragging as well showing us a price would be nice
as well as art being released for this one, i for one want to see something decent.
i've got a feeling it going to get moved back myself with battle of the five armies out on friday december 12th, my guess would be moved back to mon nov 10th don't ask me why i feel this is going to happen :facepalm:

basil :thumbs:

p.s.
btw anyone seen this? bookend version EE was wondering if is going to be amray or steel??

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LTQPAYU/?tag=hidefnin-21