Purchase link: Amazon.de
Price: 74.99 Euro
Notes: 3 Steelbooks set (12 discs) and with bonus Bilbo's journal

This is the 3D release, if you look for the 2D, click here

03.jpg

02.jpg 00.jpg 01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess something else got ruined with the silly "3D" plastered all over <sigh>

Lovely set though, I wish trilogy films would get Steelbook sets like this more often

I fear this will cost a lot. Was marked for like +150€ at another online store but the 2D was like 100 (still insane). 80 would be more than OK

The 2nd and 3rd Steelbooks need a gloss finish to match the first one
The first Steelbook UK/Germany The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey from Amazonuk/de was a matte finish steel as was the second one were you getting idea its was gloss from

There was a gloss finish in some other countries but not the UK/Germany releases

Last edited:
Very nice:D May consider picking this up!! The steels appear to be glossy in the pic. Hopefully this is not very expensive:woot:

Why cant the UK get an edition like this? All of our's have really crappy artwork and little inspiration compared to this one.

I wonder what the quality of the slip box is going to be like.... Thin crappy cardboard or something more sturdy? Wonder if it might actually be like TDK trilogy release German had....

Guess this is going to feature 3 standard steelbooks, each of them carrying 4 discs.
Should look great next to the Lord of the Rings steelbook trilogy with paper slip! :drool:

Not shure yet if i should go with the 3D or the 2D version..