The Hobbit Trilogy (4K Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Oct 18, 2018
Release date: December 1, 2020
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $119.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

1602096169058.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Managed to get an order in for both and while the item page may be down, it was updated in my orders and here’s the highest resolution side by side with the LotR set.

UnF8ydQ.jpg

OYpvEoe.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
The larger the pics get the more peppering there is on the gold.
What are the white blobs supposed to be? It's even on the boxsets. I don't understand in what way they're supposed to enhance the art. What's lord of the ringy about it?

Is there not going to be a collectors edition set like LOTR is getting?
And yes these make the LOTR steelbooks look fugly, especially TTT.

I just got official press release.

Interestingly enough they tout other releases to happen next year. I'm kinda guessing those wont be steel tho.

Both Trilogies feature the theatrical and extended versions of the six Middle-earth films in
4K resolution with High Dynamic Range (HDR)

Six-film “Middle-earth” Ultimate Collectors’ Edition with new Bonus Content
to be released in 4K UHD in Summer 2021

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy Remastered Blu-ray™
to be released in 4K UHD in fourth Quarter 2021 to celebrate 20th anniversary of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

The 4K remastering process was overseen by Peter Jackson.

In addition, it was also announced that a 4K UHD “Middle-earth” Ultimate Collectors’ Edition featuring the theatrical and extended versions of all six films, along with new bonus content, previously released Blu-ray discs of The Hobbit Trilogy, and remastered Blu-ray discs of The Lord of the Rings Trilogy will be released in the summer of 2021. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy featuring remastered Blu-ray discs of the theatrical and extended versions of the 3 films will also be released in the fourth quarter 2021, to celebrate the 20th anniversary of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.

The 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray discs of The Hobbit Trilogy and The Lord of the Rings Trilogy will feature Dolby VisionTM HDR that dramatically expands the color palette and contrast range and uses dynamic metadata to automatically optimize the picture for every screen, frame by frame. The 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray discs of The Hobbit Trilogy and The Lord of the Rings Trilogy will also feature a Dolby Atmos® soundtrack remixed specifically for the home theater environment to place and move audio anywhere in the room, including overhead. To experience Dolby Atmos at home, a Dolby Atmos enabled AV receiver and additional speakers are required, or a Dolby Atmos enabled sound bar. Dolby Atmos soundtracks are also fully backward compatible with traditional audio configurations and legacy home entertainment equipment.

So bestbuy screwed up and sent me two copies of the lord of the rings 4k steelbook trilogy instead of the hobbit.

And of course now they’re sold out of both trilogies.

Does anyone have The Hobbit 4k steelbook trilogy & interested in trading for my 4k LOTR steelbook trilogy?

So bestbuy screwed up and sent me two copies of the lord of the rings 4k steelbook trilogy instead of the hobbit.

And of course now they’re sold out of both trilogies.

Does anyone have The Hobbit 4k steelbook trilogy & interested in trading for my 4k LOTR steelbook trilogy?
Back in stock my friend! Hurry!

• Helpful Post
Reactions: dfoles
Back in stock my friend! Hurry!

Thanks for the heads up!

Best buy is such a **** show! I contacted them 3 times over the last 2 days to get my double Lord of the Rings swapped out for a Hobbit and they couldn't do it.

Luckily I found a guy on reddit yesterday who got double hobbits lol so we switched with each other.

I got lucky at the time!

Glad to see these are back in stock for everyone, don't sleep on this again, it will sell out again!

I've got an extra copy of the Hobbit Trilogy in hand that's in good shape. If anyone is searching for this one, give me a shout. GB price + shipping - note that shipping is ranging from $40+ for locations outside of
USA and Canada. For USA locations, it's gotta go priority mail given the mess that media mail has been lately.

Rather pass it along to someone here than return. Give me a shout if you need help!

I've got an extra copy of the Hobbit Trilogy in hand that's in good shape. If anyone is searching for this one, give me a shout. GB price + shipping - note that shipping is ranging from $40+ for locations outside of
USA and Canada. For USA locations, it's gotta go priority mail given the mess that media mail has been lately.

Rather pass it along to someone here than return. Give me a shout if you need help!
Do you still have this, Andy?