Release date: March 24th, 2015
Purchase link: The Hobbit Trilogy
Price: $54.99
Group buy: Drum18 or biscuitnoir
Notes: Jumbo

m2215951.jpg

m2215951_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume it's a six disc set, each film having two discs (one for the feature, one for the extras), so a nice compliment to the original Lord of the Rings trilogy set. Day one buy for me.

only would be worth while if it would be the EXTENDED VERSION and the 3D included

...wasted so much money on the first edition/movie of hobbit buying the regular and after the extended version, learned that if we wait a bit after the release of the movie they will release the extended Version...worth saving money to wait to have only to buy only one edition(the extended)

*sigh* Should have seen this coming from a mile away. Would really want this to match the LOTR Trilogy Steelbook I have, but I already have the individual releases for 1 and 2. Don't think it's in the budget for both so I'll likely just get the 3rd film.

The LOTR one is more plastic than steel and has stickers. It is an unholy abomination that should never be spoken of again.
You are talking about the Best Buy USA edition... Here in Future Shop Canada, we had a TRUE edition in metal and real artwork! No stickerbook ;-)

Reactions: avPhile
I love the look of it, BUT it's just too bad that they "had" to put ALL the credits on the back... kinda ruins the superb art...
Image2.jpg

Last edited:
As per next week flyer (tx rabbit from BD)
Price for the release day is 54.99$+tx

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy Future Shop did get this as I absolutely wanted a Jumbo to fit with my LOTR set, but I gotta say I'm truly sad the quality isn't equal to its cousin... :(

Matte
Cheap looking clear tray
No embossing/debossing

Love the front/back/Inside arts, but why soooo much credits? The j-card is for that... :angry:

Img_5449.jpg

Img_5451.jpg Img_5447.jpg Img_5448.jpg Img_5452.jpg Img_5453.jpg Img_5454.jpg Img_5455.jpg Img_5458.jpg

Last edited: