Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 28, 2021
Purchase links: Amazon DE
Price: €36.99
Notes: 40th Anniversary Restoration - Spot Gloss Finish - Includes Booklet

71nlrmmuYjL._SL1500_.jpg

71hRBR5Y3pL._SL1500_.jpg 618s3nZUNoL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
The designer of the steelbook probably didn´t realise, that the monsters lips look lip-glossed when turning the colors to deep red. I also didn´t like the Basic Instinct steel, but this one´s the cracker. Easy pass for me.

Last edited:
There is plans for a remake of The Howling
It will be a netflix production directed by Andy Muschietti

It's still in development stage likely will be 2023 release

Reactions: komor
The designer of the steelbook probably didn´t realise, that the monsters lips look lip-glossed when turning the colors to deep red. I also didn´t like the Basic Instinct steel, but this one´s the cracker. Easy pass for me.
I agree. I've preordered the collectors edition instead as the art is so much better. Plus you get all the other goodies too making it a better investment.

Reactions: komor
The CE is looking quite good. It has again, like the Basic Instint one, the same artwork on slip, booklet and case, but it looks decent and comes with the collector´s cards, though.

I too think this is decent. The Basic Instinct steel kind of set expectations a little high I guess...

What I find annoying with these latest SC releases is the booklet that comes with the steel. They could have easily made these booklets in a format that fits inside the steelbook instead of loosly attaching it to the back. Now the combination doesn't really fit into my protector slips. I guess I could throw the booklets into my j card/slip stash - but I want them together with the discs.

I don't know if UK steelbook has a booklet
The UK 4K Slipbox collector's limited edition has a booklet but is different artwork

Edit
Confirmed by @rebelrocks
UK steelbook does not include the booklet

Last edited:
I think with Basic Instinct the Booklet also only came with the French and German editions?
The UK Basic Instinct 4K Collector's Edition had that booklet

Reactions: paulboland