The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - In theaters November 22, 2013

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
From IMDB:
The continuing adventures of Katniss Everdeen, which take place in a futuristic dystopian world, as she prepares for the Quarter Quell.
With Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth and more...

Teaser Trailer:
[media=youtube]jyPnQw_Lqds[/media]

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 200
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sirjump
The first movie is quite good imho. I like being pleasantly surprised, and this was the case with Hunger Games. Almost blew this off when I saw allusions to the whole Twilight saga, and that it was marketed as Young Adult fare. Kudos to the lead, Jennifer Lawrence; great performance.

Good news. On a sidenote Drum, you are doing a marvelous job with the upkeep of this subforum. I think it's becoming my second favorite place to be on the boards.

Reactions: Drum18
Good news. On a sidenote Drum, you are doing a marvelous job with the upkeep of this subforum. I think it's becoming my second favorite place to be on the boards.

Tx Tony!
I appreciate you took time to note it! :scat:

Yeah Drum.... you really are doing a great job with this section of the forum. I visit it all the time now and its really become my source for new movie info and trailer releases.

Great job pal.

As for this sequel... BRING IT ON! Loves the first movie. I thought it was amazing. One of the best theatrical releases of 2012.

I watched the teaser trailer yesterday and it was intense! This movie will be even darker than the first one. Bring it.

Just came back from it.
All I've got to say is that the 2½ hrs that this runs have been gone throught like 5 minutes since it's non-stop action.

Really... REALLY enjoyed it!
Yeah... there's a little too much :drool: in it... but still... it wasn't over the top.

Can't wait for part MJ part 1 and 2.

Reactions: bloodsnake007
You saw this already Drum! Lucky bastard! :p I'm taking the wife to see this tomorrow after work ! :LOL: yes yes, I also want to see this! I've actually been looking forward to this, its just looks darker and less shaky cam :thumbs: and Jennifer Lawrence :drool:

Just came back from it.
All I've got to say is that the 2½ hrs that this runs have been gone throught like 5 minutes since it's non-stop action.

Really... REALLY enjoyed it!
Yeah... there's a little too much :drool: in it... but still... it wasn't over the top.

Can't wait for part MJ part 1 and 2.

Watched this today and really enjoyed this.
Echoing what Drum has said despite its long run, you don't notice the time pass. Watched the 1st movie a few days earlier and it felt slow paced. Catching Fire felt quite different and certainly kept my attention :thumbs:
And OMG.. what a cliffhanger of an ending EEK!:LOL:

Thought this was better than the first one. Much faster paced and thought the characters much more rounded. Don't think it would be half as good without Jennifer Lawrence.

I'm glad you guys are saying CF is faster paced. My wife and I liked HG but it was a bit slow and underwhelming at times. I'm glad they picked up the pace. I will have to take my wife to see it one of these days soon.

Watched this in IMAX on Saturday, with my wife. She wasn't really interested in going to see it, but afterwards, she said that she thought that it was brilliant, and can't wait for the next (2) movies.

Honestly, you don't feel the almost 2.5 hours runtime. The action is great, and as I mentioned in a previous post, this movie is darker than the first.

2 thumbs emphatically up!!

Reactions: bloodsnake007
Yeah, this was a great movie! It flew by so fast, I didn't even realize it was 2.5 hours. When it ended I was like...That's it?? But it just started. LOL. Can't wait for the next one.