The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Oct 25, 2011
Neverland
Release date: March 6th, 2015
Purchase link: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1
Group buy: apsmith21
Price:
$22.99 ($19.99 release week)
Notes:

hungergamesmockingjay.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really happy about this one, tbh. And I don't want to hear from the apologists "hey we cant complain, at least were getting something over here in the States"...stop it. :stop::rolleyes:

Pros:
- Decent artwork, I like the inside
- Includes an iTunes digital copy instead of the usual crap Ultraviolet-only option

Cons:
- Cheap matte finish
- No embossing of any kind
- Easily chips away, see my photos below
- Movie itself is.....meh.

7fb1933c5bc2.JPG

3b8d4908377f.JPG

82f3132fd63d.JPG

c935445c37be.JPG

73f3824f18ce.JPG

495c6816f25c.JPG

c7e601d2cfb9.JPG

Last edited:
I pulled up at 9:58 and the doors were already open that always scares me like crap crap crap (had some bad luck with low production runs lately, Guardians of the Galaxy, Lucy, Godzilla) but luckily there were dozens on the shelf and even someone scoping them out. Must have been a collector she picked up and examined 4-5 copies. I know the only collector in my area normally I see him at Target on release days good to see another collector.

Reactions: Buffalo MX
I got to BB at 5 PM and they plenty on the shelves, just took one and it was in good condition.

just love when she sings by the river, the texture of her voice very unique I wonder if it is really her singing, if so she could record an awesome album with her unique tone...

btw you guys filmarena is making an exclusive release numbered edition out of this one, please check it out if it is anything like the first 4 film arena collection it will be very nice with all the extras numbering and a slip (no info on what it will contain yet but should be similar as the first four exclusive)

Pretty pumped to get this. Didn't realize it was a Friday release. Was on deployment when it was in theatres so it'll be quite a treat to see it for the first time on my new projector in my new house :D

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
I was able to get two copies that were pretty damn mint tonight. One had a tiny paint chip on the bottom which I can barely notice unless I use a microscope. The other looks minty mint. Tons of them to choose from. This one will be awhile. Great film too. Just finished it up an hour ago. Cant wait for the next installment.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Plenty of copies. Most common flaw I noticed where mis aligned spines. Other than that seemingly clean looking print run. Blind buy for me.View attachment 144895View attachment 144896

I really hate the mis aligned spines, even more since one of my Kimchi Iron Man steelbooks had this problem but if someone does end up with one I would return it if possible. If you can't do that then follow a guide how to fix them, HDN has some, may be time consuming. Some blind buys are usually safe, I'm happy with this movie series so far, looking forward to seeing how it all ends. :)

I really hate the mis aligned spines, even more since one of my Kimchi Iron Man steelbooks had this problem but if someone does end up with one I would return it if possible. If you can't do that then follow a guide how to fix them, HDN has some, may be time consuming. Some blind buys are usually safe, I'm happy with this movie series so far, looking forward to seeing how it all ends. :)

Same story with my iron man kimchi and iron man bf