The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part I - In theaters November 21, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
From IMDB:
Katniss Everdeen reluctantly becomes the symbol of a mass rebellion against the autocratic Capitol.
With: Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth and much much more...

Trailer:

01.jpg

Last edited:
"If we burn... YOU burn with US!" :ohno:

DAMN! :jawdrop: Awesome, shorter than most final trailers... but that's not a bad thing ;) it's enough to WANT more! :drool: Can't wait till next month!

THANKS @kaw
popcorn-and-drink-smiley-emoticon.gif

I read somewhere that Fandango has already sold an insane amount of tickets for this. I want to see this right away, but I just don't like packed theaters anymore. I wonder how many weeks it will take before my wife and I might be able to catch a matinee that isn't packed.

Reactions: bloodsnake007
Saw this HUGE Banner yesterday! :cool: (I apologize for the sh!tty Cell Phone quality! :sorry: :emb:)

MockingJay-Part1.jpg

20 More DAYS!!!! :woot: F**K YEAH!!! :thumbs:

@bloodsnake007 Just got done - Wow! All you Hunger Games and action genre movie fans are IN FOR A TREAT! This one is going make more money than the first 2 combined :p

Make sure to watch this in IMAX and Dolby Atmos - lots of close-ups with superb surround sound effects. Acting is top-notch (Juliana Moore is spot on), production quality is even better than Catching Fire and the special effects never felt out of place. The editing could be better in some parts as those scenes and transitions dragged for me. The audio effects are really good with full impact bass and immersive surround steering.

The rescue of the victors have action sequences taken directly out of Zero Dark Thirty LOL and it is very well done. The bombing of District 13 has the cool surround effects of the bombers circling around for another run - very nicely done.

Mark this one down as a must see this weekend or next :)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Hmm, I did not enjoy this movie. Yes, there were some action sequences, but this did not sit with me as well as the first 2 movies, which I love.

I've not read the books, I'm sure this may be in line with that, but it is quite distinct from the first 2 movies.

Effects were good as you would expect, but as a standalone movie, or as a third movie, it did not play well, it feels a build up movie for Part 2, no more.

Reactions: Drum18