The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part I - In theaters November 21, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
From IMDB:
Katniss Everdeen reluctantly becomes the symbol of a mass rebellion against the autocratic Capitol.
With: Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth and much much more...

Trailer:

01.jpg

Last edited:
@bloodsnake007 Just got done - Wow! All you Hunger Games and action genre movie fans are IN FOR A TREAT! This one is going make more money than the first 2 combined :p)
Ouch... hum my dear friend, I couldn't disagree more! Both Miss Drum and I were kinda meh after this Part 1. Some cool action sequence (not enough) but for the few they were, they felt great. Not sure about the running cam... never liked that and surely this is not helping...

Hmm, I did not enjoy this movie. Yes, there were some action sequences, but this did not sit with me as well as the first 2 movies, which I love.
I've not read the books, I'm sure this may be in line with that, but it is quite distinct from the first 2 movies.
Effects were good as you would expect, but as a standalone movie, or as a third movie, it did not play well, it feels a build up movie for Part 2, no more.
Exactly the same feeling Z. Haven't read the books either but I felt this as a standalone was purely a "wasted" 2 hours. Would have preferred a longer 3-4 hours movie instead of 2x 2 hours. But of course, it's not the same Studio/Money Wise...

Too bad... another year to wait... :(

Sorry to hear that @Drum18 - I read the book and the movie has a different feel/approach which was exciting to me and unlike most fans, I like the idea of a 2 part third movie because Mockingjay is, to me, a long and intense third book. I also like where they broke the story without giving too much of the second part away so yes it was a build-up to the next movie. To me, it has to show how Katniss becomes who she is so that we will believe she is capable of what she will do later on.

Well been seen and LOVED LOVED LOVED IT !!:drool:.

So much better layed out than Catching Fire it was like disjointed ohh a Trubute is Dead ohh thire goes oh and again. It was like the the full horror of the games where rushed as to what the lesser characters had been put through.

Finnik I felt was a little underused when they did WWWHHHHOOOPPP :oohyeah:.

GALE DID SOMETHING WWWHHHHOOOPPP WWWHHHHOOOPPP :woot:.

The tribute to the late great Philip Seymour Hoffman with his performance showes just what has been lost to us movie goers :-( .

On the plus side the movie stoped dead froze solid :wow: 15 minates later:angry: when it restarted just in time for the titles showing seconds after the close up of Katness .

4 complimentary tickets to ANY 2D MOVIE :LOL: .

NO ONLY ONE MOVIE Okenshild WE WILL FOLLOW YOU ONE LAST TIME :notworthy: :hilarious: . Even though I know it will end with me being this :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:.

Just got out and this was a slower paced movie in my opinion. The one thing I did like is that even though this is a set up for the final movie the movie did advance the story. Hobbit 2 imo was just filler. This at least accomplished something.

The acting seemed better too.

@Scary Hair if Finnik was underused then what about Haymitch. He was underused and Woody Harrelson has been amazing, he really is a great actor from cheers to zombieland through this.

Seeing Philip Seymour Hoffman and having a pretty large role in the movie is odd, I forget if they finished the entire shooting before he passed. I know they filmed all of Mockingjay in one go

Just got out and this was a slower paced movie in my opinion. The one thing I did like is that even though this is a set up for the final movie the movie did advance the story. Hobbit 2 imo was just filler. This at least accomplished something.

The acting seemed better too.

@Scary Hair if Finnik was underused then what about Haymitch. He was underused and Woody Harrelson has been amazing, he really is a great actor from cheers to zombieland through this.

Seeing Philip Seymour Hoffman and having a pretty large role in the movie is odd, I forget if they finished the entire shooting before he passed. I know they filmed all of Mockingjay in one go

Hi @mllNY

The reason I felt Finnik was underused was he was SO brash and arrogant in the first movie . To see the shell he became then finally standing and seeing the shine back in him .

I felt looking in I had more of a feel for who and what Haymich is as he has been pivotal in the previous films. I also felt that IF they had used Woody Harrelson much more than he was on screen he'd have shown a few chinks in the casting and out shone some BIG names . Julianne Moore I was not completely sold on her in this role.

I seem to remember at the time of Philip Seymour Hoffman's death they where a few days from wraping the two movies.

The use of the quieter moments gave a stillness and peace to the hell that had been wrought and what IS to come.

The whole song leading to the Dam and its effectiveness that for me was BLISS.

Reactions: ash333
Gotta agree with @Drum18 It wasn't as good as parts one and two. Still enjoyed it, but it like the last Harry Potter Prt1 it just felt like one long trailer to all the good stuff they saved for the final film.

Well interesting to see our different views . For me this was the best then the Hunger Games my least favourite was Catching Fire . Either way a brilliant set of movies . Roll on Part 2

Finally watched Hunger Games 1 & 2 over the weekend and have to admit the wife and I both enjoyed them very much! We'll be going to the cinema this weekend to watch this

Reactions: bloodsnake007
I finally watched this on Wednesday night. I'm a mix: I really enjoyed this movie, but I'm also looking forward to watching Mockingjay as one solid movie when part 2 finally comes out.

Did everyone else stick around to the end to watch the Mockingjay symbol progression (stinger at the very end of the credits)? The final Mockingjay looks badass! Can't wait for the final movie!

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
I finally watched this on Wednesday night. I'm a mix: I really enjoyed this movie, but I'm also looking forward to watching Mockingjay as one solid movie when part 2 finally comes out.

Did everyone else stick around to the end to watch the Mockingjay symbol progression (stinger at the very end of the credits)? The final Mockingjay looks badass! Can't wait for the final movie!
I'm taking the wife to see this tomorrow!
popcorn2.gif

@RekLess Thanks for the heads up buddy! :thumbs: I'll definitely stick around to the end, I enjoy seeing the symbol progressions :notworthy:

Watched this yesterday. IMO nowhere near as good as the first but you know it's just been made to set up final act.