The Huntsman: Winter's War (4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: August 23rd, 2016
Purchase link: The Huntsman: Winter's War
Price: $29.99

025192371332;maxHeight=800;maxWidth=800.jpg

Last edited:
I really don't consider this a 4K Steelbook. It's a WWA Steelbook and they are just adding a 4K disc in the case with the blu-ray.

As long as they distinguish the Steelbook when it has no data card unsealed then I will get interested.

Isn't that like requiring every steelbook that comes with a 3D disc in it to say "3D" on the steelbook somewhere? I highly doubt that they will design another steelbook just for the 4k release. The 4k disc is the attraction. If you throw away the j-card, then I guess you have to open up the steelbook to see which disc is inside.

I may easily be wrong; maybe they will do something different. But considering how little interest/money this movie gathered, I doubt it.

I really don't consider this a 4K Steelbook. It's a WWA Steelbook and they are just adding a 4K disc in the case with the blu-ray.
I think it's the closest you will get for a while. I can't see them designing a Steelbook just for 4K yet as the market isn't that big. All 4K Blu-ray's come with a Blu-ray anyway so I still class this as the first 4K Steelbook.:)

The problem I have with this is if somone has an opened one, there is no way to ever tell if it was the 4K steelbook. At least with the first Blu-ray steelbook there was no ifs ands or butts. So until we actually get a true steelbook 4K this is not even worth hyping IMO.