The "I Hate Eco-Friendly" Cases thread!

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Do you hate these? If so chime in!

They make it feel sooo cheap. I hate buying some new release costing me $15-25 only to get some half ass cut up case.

I recycle and do a bunch of green things, but physical media all in itself isnt green and the world is going "demand and streaming" and things of this nature. So if I already buy physical media to hold in my hand, that's what i want to do!

I want to hold it without the stupid fear that my finger may bash through the cover art cause of stupid holes on the other side.

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh time to go chop a tree down!

/end rant!

I agree with you. I'm against all this eco-nonsense. I realise that it's good to be green and to recycle for the good of the planet in general, but I'm a complete Global Warming Sceptic. Has anyone here read "Global Warming and Other Bollocks" by Professor Stanley Feldman? It makes very interesting reading.

So I got my first Version 2 Viva eco case with my copy of Crazy Stupid Love. WooHoo!! Thanks WB :thanks:

100_3498.jpg

The first one I ever got was a double disc set. I thought it really stupid they put a flipper in for the 2nd disc. If they really wanted to "save the earth" they would have put the disk on the back of the cover. The flipper used more plastic than they saved on the cheap ass case.

i remember just before avatar was released on blu ray they were making such a big deal they would have the eco cases like it was 1 of the biggest reasons to buy the movie.lol.lol

I have not run across these eco cases. You can bet 9 times out of ten that cost savings are never passed on to the consumer!

Really?? How often do you buy blu-rays?? Not trying to put you on the spot but if you buy blu-rays now, the majority of all blus are now housed in eco cases.

Universal is starting to use the Viva Eco cases version 2. Just got my copy of Phantom of the Opera. I'm glad they skipped the other ****** Viva Eco cases. :D

I HATE THESE ECO CASES!!!! Save the planet in other ways! I recycle like a mofo but the is not one area I would like it happening.

I get so many of these now I just gave up on trying to replace them anymore. It really sucks though to get these sh*t cases.

I HATE THESE ECO CASES!!!! Save the planet in other ways! I recycle like a mofo but the is not one area I would like it happening.

I get so many of these now I just gave up on trying to replace them anymore. It really sucks though to get these sh*t cases.

me too man, ran out of regular blu-ray cases ... time to order some more.