The Incredibles (Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Exclusive No. 36) [Korea]

WhiskeyInTheJar

Premium Supporter
Jun 1, 2015
Release date: June 9, 2016
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenti B1 - Lenti B2 - One Click (Pre-order on May 26 at 2 PM Korea time)
Price: $35.99 (individuals editions) - $107 (One Click)
Note: Full Slip (1100 copies) - Lenticular Full Slip Type B1 (1000 copies) - Lenticular Full Slip Type B2 (1000 copies) - One Click (300 copies)
Group Buy: hosted by Kaka1888

13178878_1874433849450490_6349785847863744266_n.jpg 13094252_1874433796117162_7006334790411469348_n.jpg 13178553_1874433826117159_3984716186849426345_n.jpg

FB_IMG_1461726586997.jpg

FB_IMG_1461726572428.jpg
FB_IMG_1461726575368.jpg
FB_IMG_1461726578200.jpg
FB_IMG_1461726581124.jpg
FB_IMG_1461726584171.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was also leaning toward lenti B1 but then I just realised the lenti image is the same inside art from the zavvi version as well as the back art of the slip being the same as the back of the zavvi version and when I double dip I try to get different art on the editions so now I might go for lenti B2 but then it doubles up on the family back and front! Lol Argh!

That's not an issue for me as I didn't buy that steel, only got the viva :) which is :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Easy pass.. only 1 disc version. No Jak2 mini movie.. (n)

Not familiar with extras,,,, Jak2....what else missing?

Actually,, bonus shorts seem to be included....
#############

The film's 2-disc collector's edition DVD set was released on March 15, 2005. This release also includes Jack-Jack Attack and Mr. Incredible and Pals, two Pixar short films made especially for the release of the film, and Boundin', a Pixar short film which the film premiered with in theaters.

Last edited:
Not familiar with extras,,,, Jak2....what else missing?

Actually,, bonus shorts seem to be included....
#############

The film's 2-disc collector's edition DVD set was released on March 15, 2005. This release also includes Jack-Jack Attack and Mr. Incredible and Pals, two Pixar short films made especially for the release of the film, and Boundin', a Pixar short film which the film premiered with in theaters.

Disc 1 special features from BD website:

• Audio Commentaries (Disc 1): Two feature commentaries are available. The first (and more manageable of the two) is one of the more extensive, informative and thoughtful production rundowns to grace a Pixar release. Director Brad Bird and producer John Walker dig into the heroes and villains, their powers and world, the on-screen action and quieter character beats, the voice casting process and subsequent performances, the animation and stylistic flourishes, and much, much more. The second (and more sprawling of the two) is notably thorough as well, albeit far more technical. Supervising animators Tony Fucile, Steven Hunter and Alan Barillaro are joined by animators Gini Santos, David DeVan, Jureha Yokoo, Dave Mullins, John Kahrs, Robert Russ, Angus MacLane, Travis Hathaway, Doug Frankel and Peter Sohn for a catchall group commentary. Thankfully, the two groups -- the supervising animators and the animators -- have been recorded in separate sessions and the track's editor does a fine job keeping things from getting too unwieldy. It's next to impossible to decipher who's speaking during the animators' segments, but it hardly matters. Their chemistry shines through and prevents listener frustration.
  • The Incredibles Revisited (Disc 1, HD, 22 minutes): By far the best of the best, this recently assembled filmmakers roundtable features an incredibly forthcoming look-back with Bird, Walker, Fucile, story supervisor Mark Andrews, supervising technical director Rick Sayre, production designer Lou Romano and character designer Teddy Newton. Their jokes and jabs are fierce and funny (their anecdotes even more so), the rare insights they provide into the film, its story and its characters are invaluable, and their exceedingly candid reflection on the development and production of one of Pixar's finest makes this one of the few extras even the most anti-supplement purists will enjoy watching. Whatever you do, don't miss this one.
  • Boundin' with Optional Commentary (Disc 1, HD, 5 minutes): Writer/director/voice actor Bud Luckey chimes in on Boundin', the animated short that preceded The Incredibles in theaters.

Disc 2 contents from BD website (So a mammoth set of extras are missing in all releases outside NA. Disney are time and again screwing up their AV releases outside NA).

• Deleted Scenes, Now in HD! (Disc 2, HD, 35 minutes): Five deleted scenes (presented via roughly animated storyboards), an equally unfinished fifteen-minute alternate opening, and a collection of introductions/commentaries (with Bird and Andrews) kick off Disc Two. As the title suggests, it's the first time the deleted scenes are presented in high definition.
  • The New Nomanisan: A Top Secret Redevelopment Plan (Disc 2, HD): Syndrome's island lair has been transformed into a family friendly getaway! Take a tour of "The New Nomanisan" and learn about the Shooting Range, the Self Defense Academy, Island Dining, Nomanisan Nightlife, the Hero Headquarters, Camp Nomanisan, Adventure Sports, Vow Renewals, and the Nomanisan Spa in a series of cheeky animated ads.
  • Paths to Pixar: Story Artists (Disc 2, HD, 6 minutes): The latest segment of Pixar's ongoing look to the talent behind the animation hones in on the story artists who worked on The Incredibles (among others).
  • Studio Stories: Gary's Birthday (Disc 2, HD, 2 minutes): "Gary is every man" in this amusing story told by the team who tried to maintain their sanity while working on Bird's superhero epic.
  • Ending with a Bang: Making the End Credits (Disc 2, HD, 2 minutes): Learn about the genesis and creation of the end credits sequence in this all-too-short featurette.
  • Making of The Incredibles (Disc 2, SD, 27 minutes): An entire section of Disc Two is devoted to previously released special features as well, the first of which is this lengthy, energetic jaunt behind the scenes.
  • Other Classic DVD Content (Disc 2, SD, 70 minutes): After plowing through the "Making of The Incredibles," dive into the remaining extras Disney has ported over from the original DVD release. The largely self-explanatory featurettes include "Story," "Character Design," "E-Volution," "Building Humans," "Building Extras," "Set Design," "Sound," "Music," "Lighting," "Tools," a "Mr. Incredible and Pals" animated short, a "Mr. Incredible and Pals" commentary with Mr. Incredible and Frozone, "NSA Audio Files and Stills," "Vowellett - An Essay by Sarah Vowell" and "Who is Bud Luckey?"
  • Easter Eggs (Disc 2, SD, 14 minutes): No need to hunt. The original DVD's easter eggs are nestled in a handy section all their own. Eggs include "Incredibles Socks," "Dancing Bob," "Cake," "Buttons and Doors," "Victor's Guards," "H3A - Classroom," "Angus' Guards," "Incrediblunders," "Frank & Ollie," "Ball & Scooter" and Markisms."
  • Publicity (Disc 2, SD, 14 minutes): A string of "Character Interviews" and a series of standard definition trailers and TV spots round out the classic DVD content.
  • Interactive Art Gallery (Disc 2, HD): Hundreds of production images are spread across six galleries: Character Design, Collages, Color Scripts, Lighting, Set Design and Storyboards.
  • Incredibles Teaser (Disc 2, HD, 2 minutes): The first Incredibles trailer is presented in high definition.

Minimum 4K copies, plus however many 1-clicks. This is the largest print run of any Kimchi Exclusive ever. If you even want to call it "exclusive" this will be in stock 6 months from now. I'll wait for in hand photos and combine it with a future preorder but it would need to look amazing.

When I saw the thread I thought this was gonna be a day-1 purchase for me...but the steelbook design is so bad I'll probably pass. Kinda bummed tbh, everything else is very beautiful.
I wonder if other retailers (nova, FAC, blufans etc) would ever do The Incredibles? Especially since FAC is doing Zootopia now...

• Thanks
Reactions: Lionet
VIVA would be hard to beat. Miss the VIVAs. They had some QC issues but man they had stunning artworks and bossing.
True that bro, luckily I own this title and every other ever released in VIVA, they are simply the best out there and a must for every BD steelbook collector... as for this release I'm not sold, everything is off about it. My next KimchiDVD exclusive title and only one I am waiting for is Predestination, don't care less about the others!!

Reactions: lgans316
I'm pretty glad there are a few ninjas who have jumped on the "I don't like this" band wagon it will certainly make this a lot easier for those that want it :thumbs:
Call it what u want.....a bandwagon or personal preference.....dont like it. Never thought I would say this...but no title on spine would have made more sense.

Reactions: milky
I still can't decide what one out of the lentis to get.

Was hoping they would show shots but can't see it happening now

Not sure if I should wait to see in hand photos

I'm definitely going to wait to see in hand photos. There's no way it's gonna go OOS with a 4k run. Inside out is still available with 1k and even the good dinosaur was for a while with 400. Not in a rush (but I'm interested)

@Flloydo I'm leaning towards B1 cos of the baddie.

I am a little bit, but then I realise it's the same images on the inside and back of the zavvi steel so I then think about the other one lol

But then although I'm not a massive fan of the art on the full slip I think about the finshes on the good dino slips from ive seen and think it will be like that!

I don't want to miss out on this but I'm not sure if I should wait for photos

I'm in a right muddle over this one