The Invisible Man (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (EverythingBlu - BluPick Series #010) [UK]

BluSteel2012

Premium Supporter
Jan 4, 2012
Ireland
Release date: July 12, 2021
Purchase link: EverythingBlu (Pre-order on May 12, at 8 PM - UK time)
Price: £42.99 (inc. VAT) - £35.82 (exc. VAT)
Note: Premium Slipcase with multi-level embossing and metallic details. 6x A6 Art Cards. A4 Poster (Tubed). Photo Booklet (28pg). Collector's Folder. Premium Envelope with Foiling. Plastic Numbering Card. Numbering Sticker. Region Coding: FREE (A,B,C).

store.packshot_1024x1024.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Strut card art should have been the front of the slip, poster art should have been rear of the slip. As it stands that slip artwork is a bit crap imo and doesn't suit the film whatsoever. Shame, at that price, with a decent slip, I'd certainly have bought it.

Last edited:
ETB's only worthwhile release is The World's End Lenti, Hot Fuzz Fullslip at a push. Subjective opinion of course, but I think it's a fair one. I can't be dealing with all these dressed up crap Universal WWA steels. The steel artworks are usually abysmal, granted through no fault of their own, but they're not at FAC's level. I think they need to accept it and make some changes.

Very... sci-fi choice of slip there... Also as a heads up for anyone who would be unsealing, if you don't like the design of the steelbook, the finish is quite poor also (assuming it's the same as the one already out). It's noticeably streaky on the dark blue and the colours aren't particularly great. The cream colour would've worked much better as a bright white or something. Only picked it up because it was cheaper than the 4k amaray :spoil:

Reactions: samdavies
Very... sci-fi choice of slip there... Also as a heads up for anyone who would be unsealing, if you don't like the design of the steelbook, the finish is quite poor also (assuming it's the same as the one already out). It's noticeably streaky on the dark blue and the colours aren't particularly great. The cream colour would've worked much better as a bright white or something. Only picked it up because it was cheaper than the 4k amaray :spoil:
Agreed, the steel sucks. Design is a bit arty, but reasonable. If the cream had been white and it'd been a glossy finish, I think it'd been pretty decent overall. Certainly enough to pay zavvi 20quid for it anyway.

I’m kinda disappointed in that slip art. It gives me Doctor Who Sci-Fi vibes, which as has already been said just doesn’t match the film at all.

I was really hoping EB would knock this out the park after bigging up their “things to come,” but I’m afraid no glorious finish can improve that art.

1620247228702.gif

Reactions: Mickle_89 and Shark