Writer: Steven Zaillian
Starring: Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Joe Pesci, Bobby Cannavale, Jack Huston
  • United States
  • 208 minutes
  • Color
  • 1.85:1
  • English
F5C174FF-9FFF-4AC5-8EFE-20C5A453CD9B.jpeg

Martin Scorsese’s cinematic mastery is on full display in this sweeping crime saga, which serves as an elegiac summation of his six-decade career. Left behind by the world, former hit man and union truck driver Frank Sheeran (Robert De Niro) looks back from a nursing home on his life’s journey through the ranks of organized crime: from his involvement with Philadelphia mob boss Russell Bufalino (Joe Pesci) to his association with Teamsters union head Jimmy Hoffa (Al Pacino) to the rift that forced him to choose between the two. An intimate story of loyalty and betrayal writ large across the epic canvas of mid-twentieth-century American history, The Irishman (based on the real-life Sheeran’s confessions, as told to writer Charles Brandt for the book I Heard You Paint Houses) is a uniquely reflective late-career triumph that balances its director’s virtuoso set pieces with a profoundly personal rumination on aging, mortality, and the decisions and regrets that shape a life.

36192A39-92DF-4220-BBC1-57B60841CBF4.jpeg

DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES
  • New 4K digital master, approved by director Martin Scorsese, with Dolby Atmos soundtrack on the Blu-ray
  • Newly edited roundtable conversation among Scorsese and actors Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, and Joe Pesci, originally recorded in 2019
  • New documentary about the making of the film featuring Scorsese; the lead actors; producers Emma Tillinger Koskoff, Jane Rosenthal, and Irwin Winkler; director of photography Rodrigo Prieto; and others from the cast and crew
  • New video essay written and narrated by film critic Farran Smith Nehme about The Irishman’s synthesis of Scorsese’s singular formal style
  • The Evolution of Digital De-aging, a 2019 program on the visual effects created for the film
  • Archival interview excerpts with Frank “the Irishman” Sheeran and International Brotherhood of Teamsters trade union leader Jimmy Hoffa
  • Trailer and teaser
  • PLUS: An essay by critic Geoffrey O’Brien

ORIGINAL TRAILER:

Last edited by a moderator:
@paulboland
seriously - I started doing it a certain way - and by the time I saw that I was doing it differently - I was a bit deep in the woods.
so, I figured that for uniformity in this particular section, it would just be easier to let it be slightly different in this section Rather than try to reformat the top info section on every listing that already exists In this section.
maybe, one day if I have the time, I will reformat - but I figure it works here. Just slightly different.
View attachment 482362
It's ok relax :LOL:

It's was just the old format from over 5 years ago I used to use it myself in threads but been using the new format in all other Web forums areas a good few years now

You don't need to spend loads of time changing the threads in the Criterion forum as it would take to long to do anyway :thumbs:

Reactions: C.C. 95
Amazon USA
$39.95

WowHD Ireland
€27.36

WowHD USA
$32.19

WowHD UK
£24.46

• Thanks
Reactions: Masta Norris
Reactions: paulboland
Amazon USA
$39.95

WowHD Ireland
€27.36

WowHD USA
$32.19

WowHD UK
£24.46

Does anyone have any experience with wowhd? I'm in the Netherlands and delivery to me is apparently free. They get bad reviews on sites like trustpilot so I was wondering if anyone has ordered from them before and what their experience was.

Does anyone have any experience with wowhd? I'm in the Netherlands and delivery to me is apparently free. They get bad reviews on sites like trustpilot so I was wondering if anyone has ordered from them before and what their experience was.
WowHD are fine but delivery times can vary from a few days to 3-4 weeks or longer
There was lot of delays with orders done few months ago March/April/May for some customers locations but that was due to WowHD using USPS a lot of parcels ended up going by sea transport due to lack of flights (Covid-19)
They ship in bulk from USA to various european hubs and then from that hub gets shipped to customers

They have changed to different shipping courier now due the issues that usps was causing and has improved delivery times and is tracked

If you not seen my previous post it's also been released in UK
You can pre order from Amazon UK

@larson1977

UK release from Criteron

Available to pre order now on Amazon UK

WowHD are fine but delivery times can vary from a few days to 3-4 weeks or longer
There was lot of delays with orders done few months ago March/April/May for some customers locations but that was due to WowHD using USPS a lot of parcels ended up going by sea transport due to lack of flights (Covid-19)
They ship in bulk from USA to various european hubs and then from that hub gets shipped to customers

They have changed to different shipping courier now due the issues that usps was causing and has improved delivery times and is tracked

If you not seen my previous post it's also been released in UK
You can pre order from Amazon UK
Thanks a lot for explaining their shipping ways to me! Will place an order there.

It's sold out on Amazon UK unfortunately.

Thanks a lot for explaining their shipping ways to me! Will place an order there.

It will be back available to order on Amazon UK before release date

Also available to pre order on Zavvi

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: zeebeer

You will be fine ordering from WOW HD. I ordered there years ago, and a lot this year. Everything turned up in time (shipping time was like Zavvi's for me here in Germany).
The only issue is their packaging. It is just thin card board glued together at the top and bottom. Though everything turned up undamaged so far.

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland