The Lighthouse (Blu-ray Collector's Edition) (HMV Exclusive - First Edition #3) [UK]

Dec 1, 2011
Steel City UK
Release date: June 8, 2020
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £17.99
Notes: Limited to 1000 copies

B1A8D7E9-C7AE-4039-B40E-1BEE31DBA31B.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Grendel
I was willing to collect all the First Editions when they originally introduced the new line with the fantastic OUATIH set, but the two that have followed (this and Knives Out) are a step down IMO... they just look like standard releases with slips and pointless art cards.

Was hoping Knives Out would be the only letdown and they'd return to giving us unique looking editions in future, but obviously that's not the case. Shame, as they had so much potential to give us something unique and exciting for these films. :(

Reactions: Grendel and Flloydo
I was willing to collect all the First Editions when they originally introduced the new line with the fantastic OUATIH set, but the two that have followed (this and Knives Out) are a step down IMO... they just look like standard releases with slips and pointless art cards.

Was hoping Knives Out would be the only letdown and they'd return to giving us unique looking editions in future, but obviously that's not the case. Shame, as they had so much potential to give us something unique and exciting for these films. :(

It is a massive shame. These are just standard editions to me with some free art cards. Oh well.
Great film though

Reactions: Noodles
It is a massive shame. These are just standard editions to me with some free art cards. Oh well.
Great film though

I really tried to like it but it just bored me to death. It just wasn't in the same league as Dr Who's Horror of Fang Rock. That's how you do a lighthouse story!

It is more a typical thriller and not a horror movie, but plays in a lighthouse.

I think the only movies set in a lighthouse i enjoyed were The Light at the Edge of the World 1971 (finally on blu-ray), Tower Of Evil 1972 and The Fog 1980 and off Course "The Horror of Fang Rock.

In order of enjoyment

Horror of Fang Rock
The Light at the Edge of the World
The Fog
Tower of Evil

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: komor
The Light at the Edge of the World got a recent german release, but only DVD (I think from the same master) and the Tower of Evil I didn`t know before. It looks like a Hammer or Amicus movie.

Are those rating logos printed on?

would of thought so. They always are on our slips. However it’s actually part of the j card on the once upon a time in Hollywood edition. Will have to wait for their knives out to find out as this is the same style

The Light at the Edge of the World got a recent german release, but only DVD (I think from the same master) and the Tower of Evil I didn`t know before. It looks like a Hammer or Amicus movie.]

Light at the Edge of the World just got a USA release (region A) by Kino and it's superb. Tower of Evil has had 3 pressings (USA, UK and Germany). and is from a company called Grenadier films. Nothing to do with Hammer or Amicus I should point out I have only ever seen Light at the Edge of the World once before about 30 years ago on TV so i have no idea if the Kino one i just watched was uncut.

Light at the Edge of the World just got a USA release (region A) by Kino and it's superb. Tower of Evil has had 3 pressings (USA, UK and Germany). and is from a company called Grenadier films. Nothing to do with Hammer or Amicus I should point out I have only ever seen Light at the Edge of the World once before about 30 years ago on TV so i have no idea if the Kino one i just watched was uncut.
For passing a lower rating the british watchers have seen a version that was 3min. cut, because the movie was released during christmas time and it was intended to show it as a family-movie.

For passing a lower rating the british watchers have seen a version that was 3min. cut, because the movie was released during christmas time and it was intended to show it as a family-movie.

I know there is one scene in Edge of the World which would not be in any UK print and that's the horse falling. The Classification board in the UK don't allow any cruelty to animals to be shown in the cinema or home video unless there is a special permission for whatever reason. I know Charge of the Light Brigade has a few scenes trimmed because of some "animal cruelty" And the rat scene in the Abyss is a no no on home video but I think CH4 showed it once by mistake.