The Lion King (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: Disney Collection #26) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: December 8th, 2014
Purchase link: The Lion King
Price: £20.99
Notes: Limited to 4000

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

02.jpg

03.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg
01.jpg 04.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 647
Last edited by a moderator:
Yep... Thats (my) worlds thinnest letterbox, with a bill and my Lion King Steelbook dangling out of it.
Steelbook is completely crushed in the middle.
Zavvi for the win.
View attachment 121042
Postman is meant to make sure its put fully through the letter box and not left like that
That as post is not delivered by the post rules in the UK

100% postman's fault. I would be so ticked off. I would wait for her/him to show up the next day and have a chat with them and show her/him what they did.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Metasyntactic
That as post is not delivered by the post rules in the UK

So am I allowed a refund :woot:

But yes, it would technically me by posties fault, however, seeing as GOTG arrived the day before in a cardboard sleeve/mailer (so no wrap either) and was also crushed to death... It just makes me bored of their postal methods.

Any collector/seller would send out in a bubblewrapped method... But they dont.

From what ive sold recently, its cost me £3.45 a time, however, when I sent a box containing 4 steelbooks... it cost the same. So if a box fit for FOUR is the same price as one - why dont they just pay the tuppence for the 'actual' bubblewrap to securely send these.

The amount of refunds/compos they have to process must surely justify a proper steelbook postal deepartment/section.

They do claim to be the "Home of Steelbookz" so you'd think they'd have a dedicated 'bit' for them?

I would wait for her/him to show up the next day and have a chat with them and show her/him what they did.

I personally wouldnt do this, for the exact same reason I would never complain to the waiter about my main... Whilst I was still waiting for my dessert to come out.

Im not saying my postie would spit or lick my future post... But I just think complaints nowadays attract more 'retribution' then they do good.

So am I allowed a refund :woot:

But yes, it would technically me by posties fault, however, seeing as GOTG arrived the day before in a cardboard sleeve/mailer (so no wrap either) and was also crushed to death... It just makes me bored of their postal methods.

Any collector/seller would send out in a bubblewrapped method... But they dont.

From what ive sold recently, its cost me £3.45 a time, however, when I sent a box containing 4 steelbooks... it cost the same. So if a box fit for FOUR is the same price as one - why dont they just pay the tuppence for the 'actual' bubblewrap to securely send these.

The amount of refunds/compos they have to process must surely justify a proper steelbook postal deepartment/section.

They do claim to be the "Home of Steelbookz" so you'd think they'd have a dedicated 'bit' for them?
Yes your still entitled to a refund as its arrived damaged and that's zavvi responsibility to sort even its been caused by the postman

I would though suggest you get a better letterbox if its to thin

I really have to applaud Zavvi's restraint on the embossing on this one. They kept it nice and clean. On several in this collection they overdid the embossing.

I can't believe you had mail left like that hanging out the flap it's disgusting that's why we pay these higher prices for items that fit through the stupid slots at the PO

I would though suggest you get a better letterbox if its to thin

They would have fitted if posted one at a time... Which is worrying.

My partner found a folded up "Sorry We Missed You" cardboard slip on the floor when she went in, so we *think* that was potentially jammed/folded in the letter box, which created (the smallest amount of) resistance, so they post pushed it through, but they didnt add the extra force required to complete the delivery... because both had been jammed in at the same time.

...I reckon.

I don't think it's Zavvi's choice, it's more likely scanavo's idea.

The company's that produce the exclusives choose art and embossing and then get approved by studios. Scanova is 100% production. Thanks to Kevin's information he has supplied to us about the Blufans process it is reasonable to assume the same applies to all exclusive releases from other retailers.