The Lion King (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: Disney Collection #26) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: December 8th, 2014
Purchase link: The Lion King
Price: £20.99
Notes: Limited to 4000

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

02.jpg

03.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg
01.jpg 04.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 636
Last edited by a moderator:
About time! Hoping for a great cover but judging by the other Disney releases I can imagine the pic and title and with embossing.

Zavvi & Disney had better have something special in store for this release, and not the usual 20 year old artwork! They know this is a much-loved favourite for most people, so I expect them to pull out all the stops! Nothing can beat the Taiwan release, but it would be nice if they came up with something just as lush! Part of me expects a lazy half-arsed job though... PROVE ME WRONG ZAVVI!

Reactions: MK50
TW edition
I don't want to offend anyone but in my opinion that artwork is boring and very basic it one of my most disliked steelbooks artwork ever
I'm being serious I would rather get the USA/UK Blu-ray with the embossed slipcover for artwork choice than the TW edition

TW edition Its been the only steelbook until Zavvi announcement
I don't even like the Viva Metal Best Buy Exclusive artwork either

The Zavvi Steelbook should and I expect will be using original poster artwork or mix of previous DVD/Blu-ray Artwork with something new for the back and inside
I'm really looking forward to seeing all the artwork Front/Back/Inside and being Glossy will make it special

Reactions: roo
TW edition
I don't want to offend anyone but in my opinion that artwork is boring and very basic it one of my most disliked steelbooks artwork ever
I'm being serious I would rather get the USA/UK Blu-ray with the embossed slipcover for artwork choice than the TW edition

I hear you.

But for me, I generally prefer a more simplistic/minimalist steelbook, as long as it's a nice quality finish, such as the TW Lion King one is.

Some of the artwork for prior Zavvi steel releases was much too busy, like Peter Pan. It comes across looking too juvenile, for my taste.

And like others have already posted, it will be interesting to see if they provide the 3D disc in this one, though it seems that it will likely just be the single 2D disc.

Reactions: frankfish44
I'm finding that as a collective whole the Zavvi Disney steelbooks are turning out to be a superb collection and having just looked at them half an hour ago I'm so glad I decided to buy them all. Obviously the two that were send on Monday haven't arrived yet but I most certainly can see a lot of people double dipping for the Lion King and Snow White just for having a spare back up copy and not for selling on ebay..........

very good news.

but does that mean we will get the artwork when they go live?

or will zavvi expect us to blind buy on the strength of the titles alone?

It's about time Zavvi got to the good stuf!
I have the TW version which I am rather fond of, but may double dip if the artwork is good.

I don't mind paying £25 for the 3d edition for a proper classic. I did buy one from somewhere in asia a year ago and it arrived, bent in a L shape Hopefully it will be a 5k-6k print run so everyone can get one. Or a 4k run but limited to 2 copies per account. I wish they would also start up the pixars again, on per month would be great.