Now Streaming The Mandalorian (Season 3) [Disney+]

jbsolo

Premium Supporter
Oct 28, 2010
Canada
Mandalorian.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! The opening act was quite impressive to say the least. Were off to good start it looks like, ready for episode 2 now. :thanks:
Wait, you found Andor pointless and liked this episode? Tastes truly differ haha. Not that I thought this Mando episode was bad, but it was just pure paint by the numbers. The stakes seem kind of gone after season 2 with this episode, there was an exciting momentum to the first 16 episodes that seems to be gone somehow. The whole Cara Dune explanation was pretty tonuge in cheek and kind of lame given the f'ed up reality of her being fired, also the mention of Moff Gideon in a side sentence. Like the show wants to tell us that the "old empire" or what will become the first order stuff might move into the background. As always I'm excited to see the rest but this episode kind of felt like it's going to go in a true saturday morning cartoon direction with stories that might not be at all impactful to the bigger picture. I'm thinking of the imperial testing facility with the filled bacta tanks in season 2. I was hoping they would explore this stuff more in Mando. We'll see...

Wait, you found Andor pointless and liked this episode? Tastes truly differ haha.
I didn't think Aandor was pointless, I just thought it to be slow and couldn't see the direction it was heading the first two episodes and actually put me to sleep. This on the other hand felt Star Wars from the get go. I do have to disagree with your assessment of this episode though as I felt it all to benefit the overall expanse of the Mandalorian except for the Cara Dune part.

Last edited:
Reactions: kaw
Coming over to see ya baby, very soon. Daddy's only got one more episode (7 days) of The Last Of Us to get through before his allegiances change, promise :rofl:
This is the way :thumbs:

Yeah, very strong episode this week... great story, creatures, locations, plenty of action, and the length was perfect! Some really nice cinematography too. Felt like it was from a movie IMO.

Reactions: kaw
I don't get why they always have to return to that annoying af repair shop woman on Tatooine but otherwise agree, great episode.

This latest episode might be one of my favorites of the whole series. Absolutely Loved it.
Rachel Morrison did an amazing job directing this one.

Reactions: Noodles