The Matrix (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 45) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: February 13, 2023
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti (Pre-order on December 2 at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $129.98 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $53.99 (Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti

Notes: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 900 Sets, Numbered 1-900. Glow in the Dark, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Full Slip: 1500 Units, Numbered 1-1500. Glow in the Dark, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing
Double Lenti: 1500 Units, Numbered 1-1500. 3D + Flip Lenticular x 2, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

92FADD48-0003-4DF5-A667-B535FC5104CB.jpeg
A7595ADC-FDFA-47A0-A61C-2B350CDAF384.jpeg
839F42C3-CDB1-4B4B-BD82-89B84135F98B.jpeg

On a positive note, they went with the original Warner digibook content for the booklet (essays and all) instead of yet another lazy photobook.

On a serious note, if the transitional effect is the same as on Resurrections, I think I‘ll be pretty happy with the DL

Honestly quite disappointed but equally relieved the OC isn’t worth it and money saved.

The front full slip is probably the only positive and even that’s not great. But could be cool in hand. And if the DL (which I don’t like anyway) is transitional into green code like resurrections then it’s a hard pass. Really didn’t like the front effect (looked better on the back).

I am disappointed they are squeezing one last release out by year end and unfortunately feels like the same situation with war of the planet of the apes where it’s was contractual issue to get that final release out that year however this seems more rushed even though they’ve been working on this for so long.

And the artcards. Why have they chosen the agent dodging the bullets instead of one of the most famous scenes that follows? Or the train station bullet time jump? The rest of the artcards are fine but I don’t get why they chose that specific image. Booklet should of been a plain photobook too.

I also think the black cat item in the resurrections release is miles better than the pill paperweight.

So yeah annoyed at the final product and that it’s one last pre order before Christmas but also happy I’m not spending a silly amount of money at the same time.

The front full slip is probably the only positive and even that’s not great. But could be cool in hand. And if the DL (which I don’t like anyway) is transitional into green code like resurrections then it’s a hard pass. Really didn’t like the front effect (looked better on the back).
I‘ve never had the resurrections DL in hand, I just always thought the transition into green code looked cool in the videos.
But now you mentioning that you didn‘t really like the effect in hand, I‘m not so sure anymore what edition to get.
I guess just go for one, wait for in hand pics/vids and trade if gone for the wrong one.

I‘ve never had the resurrections DL in hand, I just always thought the transition into green code looked cool in the videos.
But now you mentioning that you didn‘t really like the effect in hand, I‘m not so sure anymore what edition to get.
I guess just go for one, wait for in hand pics/vids and trade if gone for the wrong one.
Imo the back is brilliant. And the effect is great. But the front not so much and it’s possibly because of the close up of them all which could be the same problem here.

I think the FS could turn out great. And tbh it’s better than the resurrections artworks imo but I think the initial shock that they haven’t gone with any classic poster art has really thrown us all. Honestly not even the proper poster I posted a few pages back. Really shocked at that. Would of been a winner. As a FS or lenti