The Matrix (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 45) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: February 13, 2023
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti (Pre-order on December 2 at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $129.98 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $53.99 (Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti

Notes: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 900 Sets, Numbered 1-900. Glow in the Dark, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Full Slip: 1500 Units, Numbered 1-1500. Glow in the Dark, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing
Double Lenti: 1500 Units, Numbered 1-1500. 3D + Flip Lenticular x 2, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

92FADD48-0003-4DF5-A667-B535FC5104CB.jpeg
A7595ADC-FDFA-47A0-A61C-2B350CDAF384.jpeg
839F42C3-CDB1-4B4B-BD82-89B84135F98B.jpeg

come on, why would they consider cancelling it and breaking their word if it sold out within an hour of preorder? thats still insanely good... maybe less insanely good in comparison but still lol.. most who have bought 1+4 will want a complete set, and scalpers will do the rest, i wouldnt worry too much

• Haha
Reactions: Flloydo
Yeah they're not gonna cancel 2 & 3 now. They'll be under contract with WB. If they put out Resurrections, they'll follow through with those 2. It's still an hour sellout, even if that isn't record time, it's still recouped the cash needed for a profit.

come on, why would they consider cancelling it and breaking their word if it sold out within an hour of preorder? thats still insanely good... maybe less insanely good in comparison but still lol.. most who have bought 1+4 will want a complete set, and scalpers will do the rest, i wouldnt worry too much
Yeah they're not gonna cancel 2 & 3 now. They'll be under contract with WB. If they put out Resurrections, they'll follow through with those 2. It's still an hour sellout, even if that isn't record time, it's still recouped the cash needed for a profit.
Made me laugh. Course the other 2 will go ahead. It shouldn’t even be a thought. Sell out is still a sell out lol

‘I think just 2 slips was a mistake. Both this and 4 don’t look very good imo. They made such a huge print run that it isn’t as valuable the “scalpers” are not stupid.
‘Matrix 4 isn’t worth more than retail and this won’t be either. Only the Boxset will have any value if I had to guess. The next two I doubt 1,500 copies of each slip will sell that well. Plus it’s the holidays, not the best time to ask collectors to shell out cash. This did sell out but I think they will have a problem selling the next 2, I’m sure they will do it but I just don’t see the demand if the most popular of thr quadrilogy by far isn’t getting collectors that excited.
Did the Group Buy on here even sell out? I know the OC sat around for a while.

‘I think just 2 slips was a mistake. Both this and 4 don’t look very good imo. They made such a huge print run that it isn’t as valuable the “scalpers” are not stupid.
‘Matrix 4 isn’t worth more than retail and this won’t be either. Only the Boxset will have any value if I had to guess. The next two I doubt 1,500 copies of each slip will sell that well. Plus it’s the holidays, not the best time to ask collectors to shell out cash. This did sell out but I think they will have a problem selling the next 2, I’m sure they will do it but I just don’t see the demand if the most popular of thr quadrilogy by far isn’t getting collectors that excited.
Did the Group Buy on here even sell out? I know the OC sat around for a while.
Don't think it did sell out on here, still had plenty in stock of all 3.

They won't have a problem selling the other 2, I hated the artwork but I still bought it .
I need to complete the collection I got the OC for Resurrections now Matrix, so I need to complete it with Reloaded and Revolutions, even if the artwork will be bad.
If they had better artwork this would have sold out in seconds all 3 editions, Manta completely missed the mark.
They received backlash on all forums and on their Social media accounts

Wish they would go back to 3 slips, these gimmicks are not my thing, perhaps they are doing it because they have limited artwork to pick from?

I had to buy the most I could get in one order to accommodate people's requests on my local forum, so I got 1 One-Click, and 2 of each slips. Shipping was crazy $140, and since I was afraid it'd be gone in seconds, didn't stop to experiment.
Turns out if you order a One-Click separately, it's $50 for shipping, and same for 4 slips, so I could've saved $40.
There was that damn 'free' frame in the cart as well. Tested buying it with a One-Click - goes from 50 to 100 bucks. A 50 dollar 'free' frame, what a joke.
All aforementioned is to a US address.

Don't think it did sell out on here, still had plenty in stock of all 3.

They won't have a problem selling the other 2, I hated the artwork but I still bought it .
I need to complete the collection I got the OC for Resurrections now Matrix, so I need to complete it with Reloaded and Revolutions, even if the artwork will be bad.
If they had better artwork this would have sold out in seconds all 3 editions, Manta completely missed the mark.
They received backlash on all forums and on their Social media accounts

Wish they would go back to 3 slips, these gimmicks are not my thing, perhaps they are doing it because they have limited artwork to pick from?
Agree about the 3 slips.not a fan of 2 slips plus some crappy extran nonsense lol

Reactions: Billy Talent
Release date: February 13th, 2023
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti (Pre-order on December 2nd at 8pm - Hong Kong Time)
Price: $129.98 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $53.99 (Double Lenti)
Group Buy: One Click - Full Slip - Double Lenti
Notes:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 600 Sets, Numbered 1-600. Glow in the Dark, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Full Slip: 1500 Units, Numbered 1-1500. Glow in the Dark, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing
Double Lenti: 1500 Units, Numbered 1-1500. 3D + Flip Lenticular x 2, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

View attachment 545873View attachment 545874View attachment 545875
Is this sold out already?

Aye, I'm surprised this one was Matrix and not inception tbh. Expect we'll get Matrix 2, then 3 next. Followed by inception and perhaps pulp fiction, now the 4K is out, before TDK trilogy. Wouldn't surprise me if they add Elvis and/or Black Adam to a revised 2023 schedule shortly, with other upcoming DC films.

Last edited:
Glad I did the group buy. It went on sale an hour earlier than in the past (presumably bc of the time change) and there’s no way I would have known that, much less managed to get myself out of bed to buy it.
Happened to me with Dune. I woke up around 7:10am expecting the sale to start at 8:00am. Jumped on here and started reading the comments, "OC secured" etc and realized the time difference caused me to miss out on it. I did get a DL copy before release for an added premium.