May 15, 2013
GA
Release date: June 4, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $74.99 $69.99

6344901_sa.jpg;maxHeight=1000;maxWidth=1000.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: frankfish44
It's overpriced for a 4K only release. Will it even have the Blu-Ray bonus discs? You can buy the 3 separate editions for the same price and get 9 discs instead of 3. The info may change... I'm going to pre-order for now, but may cancel.

For the price, the steelbook should have full gloss and embossing/debossing.

Odd release, given that the individual steels are still available. The current price for this set is 80, so cheaper than the individual steels, but I think I paid 20ish around Xmas.

I wouldn't buy this if someone paid me to buy it, that stupid cat that played maybe 5 seconds in the movie for the front. Pfft! Easy pass. I've got the individual 4K steelbooks anyways, there not all that great either but better than a stupid cat. (n)

If it’s glossy like a ton of recent suddenly surprising Warner SteelBooks then it’s already a step above every previous one. Get a custom Lenti magnet made for the front (and even the back as well if a group shot bothers you such) and it can be however awesome you want.

If it’s glossy like a ton of recent suddenly surprising Warner SteelBooks then it’s already a step above every previous one. Get a custom Lenti magnet made for the front (and even the back as well if a group shot bothers you such) and it can be however awesome you want.
Already better because it's 4K and (best of all) they regraded the color on the first movie so it isn't overly green like the 2K blu rays.:thumbs:
But, - who decided on the cat?! (For movies so rich in imagery, it is kind of stupefying that nobody has nailed this)

Oh I already have the UHDs of the trilogy and they’re all amazing, some of the best upgrades on the format yet.

As to the cat it could maybe be because of meme culture or the internet just likes cats, idk, I don’t mind it. It’s photoshopped well and looks cool, just confusing that it was chosen as the cover on the SteelBook.

A custom Lenti magnet can fix it in a pinch, however.

Reactions: C.C. 95
I'm not sure how many are aware but UHD is soon releasing the second Matrix title in a special edition and have full plans of doing the third as well.
Something to consider, especially if you were fortunate enough to purchase the 1st one. :)

Reactions: AlienKing