The Matrix Trilogy (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Amazon Exclusive) [Germany]

DK06CTR

Premium Supporter
Sep 19, 2010
England
Found this on Amazon.de, looks pretty cool if thats the artwork, sign up to be notified at the moment. :D

Release Date: 11th May 2012
Buy link: http://www.amazon.de/dp/B007IHQDNG/?tag=hidefnin0d-21

51P8qp-w5kL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

thanks to Ackerschnacker @ German BD Forum

matrix1.jpg

matrix2.jpg

matrix3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
im not against re-releases (and im in a minority there) i think its good sometimes for newer colectors having a chance to get a title without getting scalped.
but ideally, a re-release will have new artwork (often better) like for eg the uk shooter, collateral, top gun (all better than the german originals) even the town and argo (a bit of embossing improves on a plain case)
and of course, amazon want to make money, and sure, the matrix is a cash cow for them.
but it would be nice if some of the previously overlooked titles got a chance as well/instead.
warners have an incredile range of titles, many already out on blu, but no steellbook release anywhere in the world.
perhaps when i watch all 3 matrix films in sequence i may appreciate them as a trilogy.
but my standards are quite high now, as ive seen a lot of films.
the benchmark on sci-fi for me is higher than most genres (moon, source code, bttf, star wars, blade runner,robocop, the fly, first matrix, even 12 monkeys)
i guess its a nice steel though, and i see why a lot of collectors would want all 3 in 1 case.

This is a great opportunity for me as I only have the trilogy on DVD and missed the previous release. So getting this would serve two purposes for me - upgrade to blu and a steelbook to boot. And I loved all 3 movies.

Oh and this will play in region A like the previous release I'm guessing?

Last edited:
Can't wait for this. Was gonna just grab the first film in the canadian steel but rewatched the second and it aint as bad as I remembered. Still does not lay a glove on the first one though.

i own that steel, for me only the green "lines" have a shiny finish, but steel itself is matte... could make a photo if you want...

Last edited:
Reactions: SteelReaper
The fsk is a sticker. The steel is matte though, I thought I read someone said it was supposed to be glossy back in the thread, but definitely not glossy, it has metallic shine through on the code though which looks good. No inside art but it is black instead of bare metal.

Edit: beaten to it by brgi :)