UK
Release date: March 25, 2015
Purchase links: FilmArena
Price: 539 CZK
Mini Group Buy: carllenc
Notes: Limited to 500 numbered copies

film_20991_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @Actarus! Good intel!:thumbs: Actually, from what you said, it sounds like they are cautiously nudging the print runs up to test the waters- bit by bit. (That is actually the way I would do it!) Kind of interesting to watch this in its infancy. It looks like they mean to be players... And that is exciting.
I don't sting that bad from missing the earlier ones.
You are bound to miss out on some things from time to time!
(That's when you sometimes get lucky and catch it at half the price 4 months later....sometimes...)*
View attachment 152621
*(Wow, I just did the Newt "Mostly..." line from ALIENS!):LOL:

Let's agree that April and May are already putting the smack down,
and maybe it's good I don't get everything.....
At least I knew Maze Runner wasn't for me and HG3 too... (But Dracula Untold looks fantastic.
Can't wait to see that one in hand!)
:D

Indeed we are bound to miss some releases it is part of collecting, we can't be everywhere all the time checking everything and also we have to deal with a budget as it is a very costly habbit. Indeed as you stated it can put a strain on us financially trying to keep up.

But for me I fell in Luv with the Film Arena collection, I got captivated from the first release and been obsessed ever since. I have said before I feel like I am cheating on my Asian Steels :joy:

Last edited:
Indeed we are bound to miss some releases it is part of collecting, we can't be everywhere all the time checking everything and also we have to deal with a budget as it is a very costly habbit. Indeed as you stated for me March, April is so stressful putting strain on me financially to try to keep up. May is coming and also I am anticipating it to be rough which will fall into april and also another difficult one...I am trying as best I can to control it but it is addictive... and fun when not stressed ;)

But for me I fell in Luv, not love but L U V with the Film Arena collection, I got captivated from the first release and been obsessed ever since. I have said before I feel like I am cheating on my Asian Steels :joy:

I actually passed on Gods and whatever the latest film arena is, first reason financially I am trying to go for the most important but I have No interest in this movie, and I mean at all. It is a beautiful Package, gorgeous, stunning ! it's a Home Run ! but the interest isn't there, but what is funny is that I had seen Dracula and thought it was OK, I hadn't gotten in the GB as I wasn't crazy about the movie and like I said for the first releases we bought them before they released their beautyshot of the release. But it happened that the beautyshot of Dracula was released just before the GB closed so I got into the Gb at the last minuted after seeing that amazing Package that Dracula Film Arena is. Theses releases oozes Luv :drool:
Ha ha! You crack me up!:LOL: "Dammit Dracula...you are SO DAMN pretty! I am going to learn to love you more!
Maybe the first date was just O.K.- but we are gonna keep trying Dracula...Cuz you look so pretty, and I believe
you are worth it, baby! I do!":kiss:
I'm not sorry I bought it! It looks amazing! (And I love all things Dracula!)
smiley-vampire.gif

And if Seventh Son is just meh, I will rationalize the crap outta buying that one too! Cuz I have a feeling it is gonna be pretty too. And...let's face it- Maude & Dude Lebowski together again...c'mon!:D
(For the record- haven't seen either. Blind buys, the both of them!)
1584.gif

*apologies for getting off topic!!

Last edited:
Ha ha! You crack me up!:LOL: "Dammit Dracula...you are SO DAMN pretty! I am going to learn to love you more!
Maybe the first date was just O.K.- but we are gonna keep trying Dracula...Cuz you look so pretty, and I believe
you are worth it, baby! I do!":kiss:
I'm not sorry! It looks amazing! (And I love all things Dracula!)
smiley-vampire.gif

And if Seventh Son is just meh, I will rationalize the crap outta buying that one too! Cuz I have a feeling it is gonna be pretty too. And...let's face it- Maude & Dude Lebowski together again...c'mon!:D
(For the record- haven't seen either. Blind buys, the both of them!)
1584.gif

lol indeed both movies Dracul and Seventh Sons were alright, but the packages that film arena did come on !!! Seventh Sons the beautyshot is not released yes but
do you really need to see it ? it's gonne be just stunning I am telling you ! Blind buys are better than Blind dates :rofl:

No but what I love about Film Arena for their Film Arena Collection 2015, they are focussing on making Quality exclusive packages and they really put them emphasis on quality... it took a while to get the first four out, the date was pushed several times but the finally did and they are stunning. Only issue though is the shrink wrap, lots of either scratches, tear or not sealed right copies, but they will be working on making a better thicker shrink wrap...that is a company that cares about their products and their customers.

lol indeed both movies Dracul and Seventh Sons were alright, but the packages that film arena did come on !!! Seventh Sons the beautyshot is not released yes but
do you really need to see it ? it's gonne be just stunning I am telling you ! Blind buys are better than Blind dates :rofl:

No but what I love about Film Arena for their Film Arena Collection 2015, they are focussing on making Quality exclusive packages and they really put them emphasis on quality... it took a while to get the first four out, the date was pushed several times but the finally did and they are stunning. Only issue though is the shrink wrap, lots of either scratches, tear or not sealed right copies, but they will be working on making a better thicker shrink wrap...that is a company that cares about their products and their customers.

Yeah I would def. have to agree film arena quality is awesome. I agree even more on the shrink wrap. It seemed very thin and altogether not sealed very good on some sides with big holes in the seams. Don't matter to me though since I opened them all anyways. I'm looking forward to collecting every edition from film arena I can get my hands on.

Agree! I like smaller companies that are coming outta the gate with HIGH expectations like they are.
You can tell they are really putting the spurs to the product to make it special.
It just makes sense that you try 150% at the start to make splash.
Maybe Shout! factory's first steels will be epic too!
I just hope Film Arena keeps with good titles. (Or at least different). I know I get tired of multiple companies taking whacks at the same movies. I like when a company (like Plain, for instance) does different titles out of the expected norm. We don't need 5 specialized steelbook retailers making the same thing. Which is why Film Arena's Dracula was so cool! (I peed myself when I finally saw it- and could not type fast enough to procure myself a copy! I mean- 500 copies and I was late to the party! I was sweating that one!)
I actually have backed off slightly for April & May. The BLUFANS load, man...is heavy! (But worth it..)
I wish I liked Maze Runner more- it is a nice package. But, alas, the movie did not move me. I am really tired of YA dystopia with the 'special snowflake' kid that saves us from 'moron' adults. (Actually the most annoying thing about YA movies- is they seem not to know all these stories have been done before- and act as if they are fresh.)
I hope there is a lull. I'm gonna go on vacation- and I'd love it if I could relax not thinking some huge steelbook is gonna drop!:LOL:

Reactions: harry
Agree! I like smaller companies that are coming outta the gate with HIGH expectations like they are.
You can tell they are really putting the spurs to the product to make it special.
It just makes sense that you try 150% at the start to make splash.
Maybe Shout! factory's first steels will be epic too!
I just hope Film Arena keeps with good titles. (Or at least different). I know I get tired of multiple companies taking whacks at the same movies. I like when a company (like Plain, for instance) does different titles out of the expected norm. We don't need 5 specialized steelbook retailers making the same thing. Which is why Film Arena's Dracula was so cool! (I peed myself when I finally saw it- and could not type fast enough to procure myself a copy! I mean- 500 copies and I was late to the party! I was sweating that one!)
I actually have backed off slightly for April & May. The BLUFANS load, man...is heavy! (But worth it..)
I wish I liked Maze Runner more- it is a nice package. But, alas, the movie did not move me. I am really tired of YA dystopia with the 'special snowflake' kid that saves us from 'moron' adults. (Actually the most annoying thing about YA movies- is they seem not to know all these stories have been done before- and act as if they are fresh.)
I hope there is a lull. I'm gonna go on vacation- and I'd love it if I could relax not thinking some huge steelbook is gonna drop!:LOL:

I get what you are saying, butI don't know why I just love those book series that are turned into a movie. Indeed another example of a movie I found ''ok'' but the package for it was so sublime that I had to grab some copies...I am very happy about a new player bringing fresh releases to the table...

and indeed me too the Blufans wave is coming up and other releases as well, trying to control but film arena is getting me... so nice and new and fresh package :p

Reactions: C.C. 95
Definitely AASB, TMR, Equalizer, Dracula Untold and Hunger Games so far will all be in my Favorite top 10 releases of 2015 and they are not done yet.

I agree these FilmArena steelbooks are really stepping it up ........ I really like what they are doing. I'm glad Carllenc is helping us with GBs from there! Kudos to him!

What I love about Film Arena for their Film Arena Collection 2015, they are focusing on making Quality exclusive packages and they really put the emphasis on quality ......... and they are stunning.

Yeah I would def. have to agree film arena quality is awesome .......... I'm looking forward to collecting every edition from film arena I can get my hands on.

My apologies to the three of you for condensing your respective posts but I wanted to emphasise your comments about the quality of this ongoing Film Arena collection, as well as retain the nod to @carllenc, without whose assistance we would not be eulogising over these releases.

I also discovered this collection by chance, having ordered the Czech releases of "Interview with the Vampire" and "Heat" through the GB's and only later finding out that they came with full slips and extras. Realising that other releases in this collection would probably also follow suit, I put my name down for the GB for the remaining titles, "Dracula Untold", "The Equalizer" and "The Maze Runner", missing out only on "As Above, So Below" due to the GB being limited to 10 copies. A little disappointed at missing out on that one but I try and console myself with the thought that it's not a particularly good film. A bit like the fox and the grapes in Aesop's fable.

I have subsequently put my name down for the GB's of the other releases announced to date and therein lies the problem. I've always refrained from adding to my collection titles that I don't particularly like, no matter how nice the packaging but these are just so enticing that I've been incapable of resisting the temptation. I can't see myself revisiting "Exodus: Gods and Kings" that often, even less so "Seventh Son" and "Dracula Untold" but these editions are so alluring and eminently collectable, and also very reasonably priced.

Of course, their very collectability has attracted the vultures who are already circling in anticipation of a fast buck. It will come as no surprise that those titles already released are being listed in the secondary market for $90 - $100 apiece, apart from numbered copies of "As Above, So Below" which commands almost double that figure. No wonder our own resident re-sellers are going for the maximum number of copies allowed in the respective GB's.

With that going on, it's probably just as well that the production runs for the newer titles have been increased, otherwise the genuine collectors here would be in danger of being priced out of the market.

In any event, I look forward to seeing what other titles Film Arena has in store for us. Hopefully, given the success so far, they'll turn their attention to some of the classics of the various studio's back catalogues. Now those would really be worth collecting.

In any event, I look forward to seeing what other titles Film Arena has in store for us. Hopefully, given the success so far, they'll turn their attention to some of the classics of the various studio's back catalogues. Now those would really be worth collecting.

They have been in business for quite some time and already have done some back catalogue titles but they tend to stay in stock for a long time. I think from what I understood, they will release some titles a bit older and well known like they did with Interview and Heat and now Terminator but their main focus will be Brand New Releases as this is what is being asked of them... Most of their Film Arena Collection for 2015 will contain new titles...and the ones a bit older will be like I said still popular older movies but they want to stay ahead, if they release mostly back catalogue titles they will be devoured by the other retailers that are doing mostly Current exclusive packages.

They are trying to compete with Nova and Blufans and try to get in this groove, in a different way, but that is what sets them apart.

My apologies to the three of you for condensing your respective posts but I wanted to emphasise your comments about the quality of this ongoing Film Arena collection, as well as retain the nod to @carllenc, without whose assistance we would not be eulogising over these releases.

I also discovered this collection by chance, having ordered the Czech releases of "Interview with the Vampire" and "Heat" through the GB's and only later finding out that they came with full slips and extras. Realising that other releases in this collection would probably also follow suit, I put my name down for the GB for the remaining titles, "Dracula Untold", "The Equalizer" and "The Maze Runner", missing out only on "As Above, So Below" due to the GB being limited to 10 copies. A little disappointed at missing out on that one but I try and console myself with the thought that it's not a particularly good film. A bit like the fox and the grapes in Aesop's fable.

I have subsequently put my name down for the GB's of the other releases announced to date and therein lies the problem. I've always refrained from adding to my collection titles that I don't particularly like, no matter how nice the packaging but these are just so enticing that I've been incapable of resisting the temptation. I can't see myself revisiting "Exodus: Gods and Kings" that often, even less so "Seventh Son" and "Dracula Untold" but these editions are so alluring and eminently collectable, and also very reasonably priced.

Of course, their very collectability has attracted the vultures who are already circling in anticipation of a fast buck. It will come as no surprise that those titles already released are being listed in the secondary market for $90 - $100 apiece, apart from numbered copies of "As Above, So Below" which commands almost double that figure. No wonder our own resident re-sellers are going for the maximum number of copies allowed in the respective GB's.

With that going on, it's probably just as well that the production runs for the newer titles have been increased, otherwise the genuine collectors here would be in danger of being priced out of the market.

Wonderfully stated @augustus. I think in a nutshell, we should all stop talking about it and keep it to ourselves! (Shhhhhh!!!!:p)! Yes, it was inevitable that the profiteers would jump on these. Hopefully the increase in print runs effectively negates the impact of the opportunists to a degree. And like @Actarus said, they don't give the beauty shots of the slipcovers until right before they go live – so maybe that's a deterrent as well. You are quite literally going in double-blind on some of these! (If you have not seen the movie, or the final art). Unfortunately, now it seems to be the rule (rather than the exception) that we have to order a lot of these movies before having a chance to see them...
literally making judgement calls against limited print runs, time, and scalpers!
This certainly increases the degree of difficulty for the steelbook collector!
Thanks to our great GB hosts here- that difficulty has largely been alleviated.:thumbs:
Really we just have to make a point of a) visiting the site daily (at least), and b) keeping each other informed about any surprise live times, important information on changes, etc.
So, basically just kinda being the community we are!:thumbs:
But, I think we can agree that Film Arena more than has our attention. Especially when you have other companies putting a multiple and Best Picture Oscar winner like UNFORGIVEN in a 'nothing-burger' package, and Film Arena are creating awesomeness for a middle of the road picture like SEVENTH SON.
Who do you think is trying harder for my $$?!!:rolleyes:
image.jpg

Last edited:
Wonderfully stated @augustus. I think in a nutshell, we should all stop talking about it and keep it to ourselves! (Shhhhhh!!!!:p)! Yes, it was inevitable that the profiteers would jump on these. Hopefully the increase in print runs effectively negates the impact of the opportunists to a degree. And like @Actarus said, they don't give the beauty shots of the slipcovers until right before they go live – so maybe that's a deterrent as well. You are quite literally going in double-blind on some of these! (If you have not seen the movie, or the final art). Unfortunately, now it seems to be the rule (rather than the exception) that we have to order a lot of these movies before having a chance to see them...
literally making judgement calls against limited print runs, time, and scalpers!
This certainly increases the degree of difficulty for the steelbook collector!
Thanks to our great GB hosts here- that difficulty has largely been alleviated.:thumbs:
Really we just have to make a point of a) visiting the site daily (at least), and b) keeping each other informed about any surprise live times, important information on changes, etc.
So, basically just kinda being the community we are!:thumbs:
But, I think we can agree that Film Arena more than has our attention. Especially when you have other companies putting a multiple and Best Picture Oscar winner like UNFORGIVEN in a 'nothing-burger' package, and Film Arena are creating awesomeness for a middle of the road picture like SEVENTH SON.
Who do you think is trying harder for for my $$?!!:rolleyes:
View attachment 152883

well said my friend, and for me my point of view, I think it is wonderful gift that film arena has to make an average movie like Seventh Son and Dracula Untold, well some liked it better than others, but to makes us go Crazy to have that final Package. They have the magic touch and whatever they will put in their FA Collection for 2015 will be all worthy of making their mark as they already have us devoted collectors to support them ! Fresh new exclusives is what we needed.

But at the end of the day for me, even if it were a Blind buy from the FA Collection, they do such amazing Packages that even if it were for example a movie I would only watch once, I would pick this up in a second and double dip. They are gaining hight support from us and thanks to Karel for going out of his way to do these GB...
Lets remember that he is not obligated to do this for us, he does it because he loves it and wants to do this for us. This man has a huge heart and tries his best and I think people don't realize at how much he is giving up his personal time just to bring theses releases to us. Seventh Son has not been announced with the Beautyshot but really ''who cares'' I saw the movie, love the actors, love that type of story it was an ok watch but it will be awesomeness when they release the package. And I know it should be a given, but not everybody does, it is without saying and I am saying this from my own view as I have come to know what kind of person Karel is and I think that we should not forget to TIP the man ! he deserves it he works hard for those GB. He gives us a decent price for them and showed how much he cares for doing this over and over... lets show our appreciation. I hope I am not sounding preachy but sometimes we forget to Tip just as an oversight...

I am still waiting to get my copies in the mail, but I just cross my fingers (and toes) that the price does not increase. 900CZK is definitely getting up in there in price. I jumped all over these at 20 euros because as a collector it was amazing, 35 euros is pushing the price of a kimchi, nova, PA. Getting up there in price for a WWA, imo. Cool slip, package, whatever, still getting up there in price.. I am hoping the norm will be 600CZK and the 900 was due to the fact of 3D discs.

But when things sell out, raise the price, sell out again, nothing left to do from a business point of view but raise the price. I just feel if we're talking 35 euros we should be getting full package AND WEA steelbooks. Just my opinion. I love everything film arena is doing and greatly appreciate their efforts. Looking forward to opening this bad boy up

@nicblue yes indeed I know what you mean, the more the packages are becoming Complex and when they include the 3D disk, it does raise in Price, but we have paid that much for Kimchi Exclusives that used WWA steelbooks... for me as long as the price warrants the quality we are getting it is worth it. I know for a fact that Film Arena is trying very hard to offer us the best product as a reasonable price but when you go into such elaborate packages (for example HG3 and Gods and Kings )... it is normal that the price would be higher... but also have you seen the difference between the FA HG3 steel compared to the best buy ? it is again probably a higher cost to them, but I am loving the deeper, richer colors on that steel...

They strive to offer us quality products at affordable prices, but they are exclusive packages and that is costly to make. And I have not seen any of the other players go out of their way that far to do a package like they are doing... they have won me over...and the fact that they care about the quality and also their customers is worth it !

well said my friend, and for me my point of view, I think it is wonderful gift that film arena has to make an average movie like Seventh Son and Dracula Untold, well some liked it better than others, but to makes us go Crazy to have that final Package. They have the magic touch and whatever they will put in their FA Collection for 2015 will be all worthy of making their mark as they already have us devoted collectors to support them ! Fresh new exclusives is what we needed.

But at the end of the day for me, even if it were a Blind buy from the FA Collection, they do such amazing Packages that even if it were for example a movie I would only watch once, I would pick this up in a second and double dip. They are gaining hight support from us and thanks to Karel for going out of his way to do these GB...
Lets remember that he is not obligated to do this for us, he does it because he loves it and wants to do this for us. This man has a huge heart and tries his best and I think people don't realize at how much he is giving up his personal time just to bring theses releases to us. Seventh Son has not been announced with the Beautyshot but really ''who cares'' I saw the movie, love the actors, love that type of story it was an ok watch but it will be awesomeness when they release the package. And I know it should be a given, but not everybody does, it is without saying and I am saying this from my own view as I have come to know what kind of person Karel is and I think that we should not forget to TIP the man ! he deserves it he works hard for those GB. He gives us a decent price for them and showed how much he cares for doing this over and over... lets show our appreciation. I hope I am not sounding preachy but sometimes we forget to Tip just as an oversight...
Well said, my friend. Those who have dealt with me know that I Always (always, always) tip generously, and eveyone should. I never lose sight of the fact that these transactions are someone doing me a favor.
And a favor for a virtual stranger at that. We should never lose sight of that.
I also make purchases in many different venues, and keeping track of my orders can be interesting- so I more than appreciate the logistics of what our gracious GB hosts do. Probably pretty taxing...So, yes- tip your benefactor. They deserve it. And tell Karel it is appreciated (Seventh Son will be my first GB with him).
:D:thumbs:

Last edited:
I am still waiting to get my copies in the mail, but I just cross my fingers (and toes) that the price does not increase. 900CZK is definitely getting up in there in price. I jumped all over these at 20 euros because as a collector it was amazing, 35 euros is pushing the price of a kimchi, nova, PA. Getting up there in price for a WWA, imo. Cool slip, package, whatever, still getting up there in price.. I am hoping the norm will be 600CZK and the 900 was due to the fact of 3D discs.

But when things sell out, raise the price, sell out again, nothing left to do from a business point of view but raise the price. I just feel if we're talking 35 euros we should be getting full package AND WEA steelbooks. Just my opinion. I love everything film arena is doing and greatly appreciate their efforts. Looking forward to opening this bad boy up
When the Euro and the Dollar are close, I consider these bargins compared to how much you get hammered on purchases with the Canadian Dollar and the British Pound right now.

When the Euro and the Dollar are close, I consider these bargins compared to how much you get hammered on purchases with the Canadian Dollar and the British Pound right now.

canadian dollar right now against the US is killing me, last year we were pretty ok, not it's almost 20 to 25% more it is hurting... oh just gave in and put my name down for Gods and Kings even though not crazy about the movie, the Package is so stunningly beautiful... it is directed by Ridley Scott I believe so I guess I just jumped in...
what amazing things they are doing, like we have discussed, making movie exclusive packages that otherwise we would not pick up...

...now they are making us go crazy for it...