USA
Release Date: September 20th, 2012

Buy Link

Covers:
81cpk08pudlaa1500.jpg

81wapg3taylaa1500.jpg

Thanks to Hooltra!!!!

Last edited:
This looks pretty good imo, I really don't care for the FS edition with the weird orange gun made from other guns. Pre-ordered, now to wait for the release date. :movie:

OOOOOOH, Acid... this curved banner on top :angry:

The FS version i so NICE :D

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

The price is low and the word "Steelbook Collection" is indeed selling point... :hilarious: Might order..

That WOULD BE the only selling point i think :hilarious:

Really bad artwork choice IMO

OOOOOOH, Acid... this curved banner on top :angry:

The FS version i so NICE :D

What's wrong with the curved banner? I think it looks stylish. Plus it's part of a set, it goes with Unknown which also has that stylish banner. The FS edition I just never have liked because of that weird orange gun. I don't really like the color orange but that's a whole nother story in itself. Other than the orange gun the rest of the steel looks good. I guess I have to weigh out my odds here and decide which is the better of the two. :) I still have time to cancel my order.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too Ash. Mark got me thinking on the curved banner thing too and I eventually canceled my order this morning as well as Unknown.

After looking more at the proposed art work for this wave, I really hope there is some kind of special treatment like embossing/debossing and/or glossy finish. I sense a strong competition going on between the German and UK releases although Germany is way ahead in terms of numbers. Recent Play.com releases seem to have triggered some sort of steelbook escalation.

To stay on topic - for this one, I would like to see the brief case along with the hand embossed with the title debossed :)

Well I listened to my fellow steelbook collectors and I wound up cancelling my order for this and Unknown. I instead wound up buying the one from Bert's store, Drunen Netherlands. Better artwork and no weird wavy banner. Mark was right about the banner on this, it's just meh...I don't like it. :rolleyes:

Reactions: ash333
This don't look good. I much prefer the FS version, although I have been looking out for that for a while now, but not at the current prices.

Ugh this whole wave just does not appeal to me. They could have chosen much cleaner unique covers. Reminds me of the white Touchstone wave yikes. To each their own but I am skippin' em all just looks lazy to me....

::: Digitalbabe :::

STAFF-Community Manager
hidefninja.com

Sent from LV-426 on
iPhone

If these have the silly wavy banner I won't be getting any. If they don't I'll get Jackie Brown.

This may be the most uninspiring wave of all time.

Oh dear. Not looking too smart. How can they go from releasing Rampart and Total Recall in the UK, to releasing these? Ah well, at least they have inside art :hilarious: