Navan/Ireland
Release Date: October 23 , 2017
Purchase Link: HMV (Pre Order Live)
Price: £22.99
Notes: Includes 2D & 3D
01-451786.jpg

mummy_2.jpg mummy_3.jpg

Last edited:
:rofl: It's like that is it? Haha. I just felt that we be repeating ourselves at times on more or less the same release from the same retailer. We have the 3D boys in one corner, and the 4K boys sitting in other corner of the ring.

Well I don't have either so I am neutral, how about a standard Bluray + DVD HMV?:p
Thing is, the 3d brigade will always be there ! The 4k will not, they will be replaced by the 8k and then the 16k boys or girls !?

Reactions: sunnyx
Pre-order (3D corner of course!) And saw the film last night; not as bad as the critics made out, but not as good as 1999 film

I never listen to critics anyway, King Arthur Legend of the Sword got slated and I really enjoyed that, more so than WW.

saw this last night and really enjoyed it. Lot less comedy than the last lot of films which is good as they shouldn't be comedy films imo. Ordered in 4k so shall look forward to urs release

Solid, fun flick. Not understanding the terrible reviews at all, it has the usual blockbuster logic along with stronger than expected horror. I enjoyed it a lot.

It could possibly be a sequel, certainly has a nod to the last one within it.

I like it when reboots are written in such a way that they can coexist with the originals (or are part of the same cinematic universe to use the current buzzword). Star Trek, Jurassic World, Terminator Genisys, The Thing all spring to mind. Hopefully The Mummy does indeed take that approach.

i believe this film is not a remake from 1999 mummy right?
It's not a remake of the 1999 film and it's not a sequel of the 1999 film
The Mummy 2017
It's a modern day reboot of the Original Universal Monster Mummy Film from 1932

Universal are doing a modern day reboot of the original Universal monster horror series of films from the 20s'30s'40's,50's
It's called Dark Universe

The Mummy 2017 been the first one of the reboot series of films from Dark Universe

The Mummy
Dracula
Frankenstein
The Bride of Frankenstein
The Invisible Man
The Wolf Man
Creature from the Black Lagoon
The Phantom of the Opera
The Hunchback of Notre-Dame

Also a possible reboot of Van Helsing

The Films are part of the Dark Universe
The next film from Dark Universe series of films is
Bride of Frankenstein in 2019

Last edited:
Was this film any good? Heard it didn't do well in the BO.
It has taken so far in Box Office $295.6 million
The film had a worldwide opening of $172.4 million, the biggest global debut of Tom Cruise's career

It's doing very well at the international box office
USA/Canada $56.5 million in the United States and Canada
$239.1 million in other territories

Reactions: lgans316
Was this film any good? Heard it didn't do well in the BO.

The film had a worldwide opening of $172.4 million, the biggest global debut of Tom Cruise's career

You heard wrong @lgans316!! :LOL: :rofl:

By looking at the $ figures you posted, now I understand why $10 is a not a big deal for you mate. Sorry, I was just joking Mr. Nice Guy. :D

Never realised it did reasonably well at the BO. Thanks for the stats btw.

Reactions: paulboland
Damm why another remake ??????

I don't have a problem with most remakes personally, as long as they're good enough and it's worth doing the remake. It's not always the case though, if I feel a film couldn't be improved and has aged well then a remake is a bad idea. I have no interest in The Matrix remake for example, I'd rather just have a 3D version of the original.

I haven't seen The Mummy yet so I can't say whether it's any good.

It's not a remake of the 1999 film and it's not a sequel of the 1999 film
The Mummy 2017
It's a modern day reboot of the Original Universal Monster Mummy Film from 1932

Universal are doing a modern day reboot of the original Universal monster horror series of films from the 30s'40's,50's
It's called Dark Universe

The Mummy 2017 been the first one of the reboot series of films from Dark Universe

The Mummy
Dracula
Frankenstein
The Bride of Frankenstein
The Invisible Man
The Wolf Man
Creature from the Black Lagoon
The Phantom of the Opera
The Hunchback of Notre-Dame

Also a possible reboot of Van Helsing

The Films are part of the Dark Universe
The next film from Dark Universe series of films is
Bride of Frankenstein in 2019
I'm not saying you are wrong as you are more than likely correct.

But, why would Bride of Frankenstein be the next release in the dark universe? Wouldn't it make sense to have Frankenstein be released before that?

But, why would Bride of Frankenstein be the next release in the dark universe? Wouldn't it make sense to have Frankenstein be released before that?

Its not next, its just the only other one with a date so far. It doesn't have a cast or anything yet, so that date may slip. Javier Bardem has been cast as Frankenstein's monster & Johnny Depp as The Invisible Man so there's every possibility that one of them will come first.

Its not next, its just the only other one with a date so far. It doesn't have a cast or anything yet, so that date may slip. Javier Bardem has been cast as Frankenstein's monster & Johnny Depp as The Invisible Man so there's every possibility that one of them will come first.
Bride of Frankenstein is already in Pre-production stage
Expected Release Date is February 14, 2019

Universal announced on May 22 , 2017 Bride of Frankenstein will be the next film from Dark Universe Series

Last edited:

It's what Universal have decided yes I agree would be better if they did Frankenstein before Bride of Frankenstein

I would have liked them to do the films in order of the original universal monster series from the 20's 30's
I would have preferred if they had started with The Hunchback of Notre Dame with next been Phantom of the Opera and then do Dracula followed by Frankenstein etc

The order of the films of the Dark Universe don't match the order of films of the original universal monster series in terms of what comes first

Phantom of the Opera Universal made this twice
1925 (Silent Film Black and White) and 1943 (Colour Version not a silent film)
1925 version is more famous version due to Lon Chaney performance
Most have more likely seen the 1943 version with Claude Rains and is the version that is in the Universal Monsters Blu-ray Box set

Last edited: