The Mummy Trilogy (Blu-ray SteelBook) (EverythingBlu - BluPick Series #002) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 25, 2017
Purchase link: EverythingBlu (Pre-order May 30 at 8 PM GMT)
Price: £48.99
Notes: Single steelbooks sold as a trilogy in a faux leather slipcase to hold all 3, design based on the “Book Of The Dead". Limited to only 680 units

mum2.jpg

17498802_674411886099723_2496518247385805868_n.jpg 17499530_674411979433047_8843312424843677142_n.jpg 17498752_674412032766375_105154066373638677_n.jpg
Announcement! Blu Pick Series 002: The Mummy Trilogy (not to be confused with the trilogy steelbook. This is for the single steelbooks sold as a trilogy)

EverythingBlu will be releasing The Mummy Trilogy (single SteelBooks) as our second release in the Blu Pick Series. Check out the details below:

• Limited to only 680 units worldwide
• Faux Leather Slipcase to hold all 3 SteelBooks, design based on the “Book Of The Dead”
• Embossing
• De-bossing
• Gold Foiling
• Gold foiled Numbering (Directly applied onto slipcase)
• Felt interior with 2x dividers - to stop the SteelBooks making contact with one another and causing damage

Price, Pre-order & Release details along with the artwork of the Faux Leather Slipcase will be revealed very soon.

Let us know what you think & thank you to everyone supporting EverythingBlu!
upload_2017-5-15_13-0-53-png.312282

Last edited by a moderator:
Must have got lucky on mine, got alert on Friday for delivery today, held true, didn't go back.
@nafosb, if there is a phone number attached to your order, you might get a text from DHL, then can set up delivery without signature, I do it a bunch....
Never got a text alert or phone call but my package arrived today. I wasn't home but luckily my grandpa is visiting and he signed for it in his own slow, slow way.:D

• Thanks
Reactions: Lakerone
It is a stunning box. However, mine has some gold paint that has already peeled off the bottom right corner. Don't know if the sticky stuff that holds the j-card caused that or not. I also see tiny black dots in the gold circle at the front of the box. It's all minor stuff and not worth contacting EverythingBlu. I'll live.:arghh:

It is a stunning box. However, mine has some gold paint that has already peeled off the bottom right corner. Don't know if the sticky stuff that holds the j-card caused that or not. I also see tiny black dots in the gold circle at the front of the box. It's all minor stuff and not worth contacting EverythingBlu. I'll live.:arghh:

It's a 1000's of year old book, think of it as weathered, gives it character, mine is not perfect either, hardly noticeable, love it alot.

No, don't like lentis.
Unlikely
25/30 years younger who knows
BTW I don't see this as a premium release but rather as 3 different steelbooks in a very smart box.
IMO premium releases should have a substantial booklet with expert commentaries on the films - i.e. not a book of photographs / other geegaws and certainly not nothing apart from the steelbooks.
And here I was about to chant "one of us!" :LOL:
giphy.gif

Plenty of pics of the box and steels but none of the packaging . . . so, to remedy that oversight . . .

View attachment 332124 View attachment 332125 View attachment 332126 View attachment 332127

Thank you EBlu for this wonderful product not unreasonably priced, for your quality control measures ensuring products are sent with no damage and for your excellent packaging.
Zero issues with this release and here's hoping all your future releases run so smoothly.
Good job chaps :thumbs:
Hi virkia

So glad you liked the edition and thanks for your continued support.

AD

Got mine yesterday... for some reason the "Book of the Dead" was smaller than I expected, but it is REALLY, REALLY nice! Well Done EB.

One last question - many of the pictures people have shown here have the stylized EB logo on what looks like black round faux leather. Was that supposed to be included in the packaging as I didn't see it in mine.

Got mine yesterday... for some reason the "Book of the Dead" was smaller than I expected, but it is REALLY, REALLY nice! Well Done EB.

One last question - many of the pictures people have shown here have the stylized EB logo on what looks like black round faux leather. Was that supposed to be included in the packaging as I didn't see it in mine.
The EB logo was in the bubble wrapping it can easily fall out when removing the bubble wrapping off the box set

Mine fell out on my bed when taking the bubble wrapping off and luckily I noticed

Check the room you removed the bubble wrapping it might be on the floor or still inside the bubble wrap

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: K.i.T and C.C. 95
The EB logo was in the bubble wrapping it can easily fall out when removing the bubble wrapping off the box set

Mine fell out on my bed when taking the bubble wrapping off and luckily I noticed

Check the room you removed the bubble wrapping it might be on the floor or still inside the bubble wrap
Found mine 3 days later!:rofl: I didn't even know it was in there until some other people posted pics!

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland

Hi Lord Carnage

Could you please email [email protected] and I am sure we can help you.

Thanks

AD

I unwrapped my Mummy Trilogy in the nude because I had just gotten out of the shower and I just couldn't wait any longer to open it. While you found your EB logo on your bed, I found mine resting on my privates because it had fallen from the wrapping onto my lap. I didn't even know a logo was included but I happened to read your post while I was opening my set.:thumbs:

The gold paint on the bottom right corner of my slip box is partially chipped off. However, I stuck the faux-leather EB logo over that flawed portion and now it looks great. Since the logo is faux-leather like the slip box, it blends in beautifully.:D

Mine arrived today!! That shipping error was resolved just the other day, and suddenly, the set is here. Not sure if there's a need to post pics, since so many others have, but I'm number 444, which is a bit of a cool number, I suppose. :D

It's such a GORGEOUS set! The quality is insane, from the detail and embellishments, to the de/embossing all over it, to the firm build... just everything. If I would make any change, I'd just want the hieroglyphs to stand out a bit more against the book, since they're black too, but that's just being super nitpicky. The paint job is spectacular on mine, too - the scarab key hole is completely gold - and the only flaw is the smallest speck of gold paint on the book just under the key hole. That's it. I also wanted to note that the steelbooks are also a bit difficult to get out of the case. Otherwise, flawless.

Speaking of the steelbooks, they themselves are as breathtaking as their case. For non-premium steels, their design is incredible, embossing and all, and whoever at Universal thought of doing a "logo" for each film is a genius. They're truly dark, mysterious, and beautiful steelbooks.

My childhood movies that remain among my very selective all time favorites today were/are the Star Wars and Mummy series. The Mummy films - the first two in particular - are very dear to me to the point where I can hum along to their (amazing) scores. To see them receive such a truly quality release is wonderful, and I can't thank @EverythingBlu enough for doing it. I can't speak much on the SotD fiasco, since I didn't order that, though I read plenty about what happened. But I think this Mummy release proves that was just a fluke, and that we can expect a lot more awesomeness to come from Blu in the future if those releases are on the same caliber as this Mummy set that is already a beloved part of my collection. :)

Thanks again, EverythingBlu! :)

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart