Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 2 Votes
Title: X-Men: The New Mutants (2018)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: Josh Boone

Cast: Anya Taylor-Joy, Maisie Williams, Charlie Heaton, Blu Hunt, Henry Zaga, Alice Braga, Happy Anderson, Thomas Kee, Mickey Gilmore

Release: 2018-04-13

Plot: The story of the New Mutants, a team of mutant heroes comprised of the first graduates from Charles Xavier's school.

Attachments

• 35f140a80484dee332de037ef2510b3b.jpg
    35f140a80484dee332de037ef2510b3b.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 814
VOD? Wow… slap in the face.

Trailer Track's Anton Volkov has discovered that the movie is already available to pre-order on Amazon Prime Video. There's no sign of a release date, but it will cost $25.99 in The US and £13.99 in The UK.

• Informative
Reactions: GeoRattray
Ahh torn and probably going to come over as a hypocrite or sitting on the fence on such a trivial matter. I go to the cinema vary rarely, but was up for this in the cinema. Then the virus came and that took them options of the table for the immediate future.

Now it's on Amazon UK, and really want to subscribe and watch it, I may cave in later and do so. If I don't go to the cinema I would at least wait for official blu-ray/steelbook release....

It's just I'm conscious if I do this now and popularity determines future trends that films are on VOD in parallel to cinema or instead of, cinema's will be out of business, I don't wish that happening either. I want the film to succeed though. Definitely swings and roundabouts.

I know studio's have to get a return and it's all distribution with P&L and this path was on the cards anyway... just a matter of time.

Has anyone seen it yet?

Edit: It's only pre-orders now so dilemma gone away :thumbs:

Last edited:
I'm all for this (and other films) going straight to VOD. I very rarely get the opportunity to afford/travel to the cinema and hate missing out on the buzz of new films, especially when spoilers are floating around everywhere nowadays. I honestly think this particular film would find a better audience on VOD anyway... it's been in and out of the spotlight for a while now with constant delays, so casual moviegoers probably don't have much interest any more, if they're even aware that it's still planned. Hell, I'd settle for watching it on a cellphone at this point... I just want to finally see it!!

I thought for sure they would announce this for Streaming today... Guess we will have to wait longer.

Loved the footage they showed.

That new trailer and opening footage was awesome. Can’t wait

Hey @Noodles if this does hit cinema's in the UK either Aug 28th or Sep 4th, would you go see it given the social distancing rules currently in place?

Hey @Noodles if this does hit cinema's in the UK either Aug 28th or Sep 4th, would you go see it given the social distancing rules currently in place?
Unfortunately not... only chance I get to go to the cinema nowadays is if my dad feels up to it and is able to drive us there, but he recently had a stroke and is therefore unfit to be behind the wheel. How about you bud, you venturing out to see this one?

• Friendly
Really sorry to hear your situation bud, I hope your dad recovers from his stroke, I too was in a similar situation when I was 10 and my mun had been in a debilitated state for many years afterwards until she passed 20 years later. Going to keep an open mind on going, if there seems to be no contagion stories and elevated cases in the south coast, then I hope to go, but not at the risk of myself & more importantly familiy.

• Friendly
Reactions: Noodles
Really sorry to hear your situation bud, I hope your dad recovers from his stroke, I too was in a similar situation when I was 10 and my mun had been in a debilitated state for many years afterwards until she passed 20 years later. Going to keep an open mind on going, if there seems to be no contagion stories and elevated cases in the south coast, then I hope to go, but not at the risk of myself & more importantly familiy.
Apologies, only just seen this! Thanks man, he's doing pretty well now thankfully. Sorry to hear about your mum... can't imagine how scary that must've been for you at such a young age. She's certainly in a better place now though, what with everything that's been going on.

Yeah, best to be safe mate. I don't care how excited I am to see a film... if it puts myself and others at danger, then it's just not worth it. Hopefully you do get the chance to watch it on the big screen though of course!

• Friendly