The Nightmare Before Christmas (25th Anniversary Edition) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Mickle_89

Premium Supporter
Jun 17, 2015
イギリス
Release date: September 2, 2018
Purchase link: Best Buy
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21
Price: $12.99

6261320_sa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked this and Hocus Pocus up this morning. They hadn’t made it to the floor yet, so the employee had to run to the back. She said they were still in the shipping box. Both were dented in the same place on the bottom left corner from the underside, making the front slightly protrude. Noticed when I got home before opening. Gotta swap it out.

I'm after the hocus and nightmare Xmas steelbooks they are listed at 12.99 each and same here in group buy but group page says they are $29.99?
How much are they and will I be able to get the above?

I know that the sing-along edition was released to theatres but I didn't see it. Does that mean that they put the lyrics to the songs on screen?

If so, does anybody know if this can be viewed without the sing-along option?

I'm after the hocus and nightmare Xmas steelbooks they are listed at 12.99 each and same here in group buy but group page says they are $29.99?
How much are they and will I be able to get the above?
They’re $30, as per the Group Buy. Surely that’s not too difficult to understand?

The hosts of group buys do a fantastic job in organising group buys for members who are unable to get steelbooks due to their location, and they add on fees accordingly. $30 is around £23, so it’s absolutely reasonable.

I know that the sing-along edition was released to theatres but I didn't see it. Does that mean that they put the lyrics to the songs on screen?
If so, does anybody know if this can be viewed without the sing-along option?

it can be viewed either way via the disc options.

I just got one ordered through BB's site.
Thanks for the tip on checking back today, @apsmith21 ! :thumbs:

They’re $30, as per the Group Buy. Surely that’s not too difficult to understand?

The hosts of group buys do a fantastic job in organising group buys for members who are unable to get steelbooks due to their location, and they add on fees accordingly. $30 is around £23, so it’s absolutely reasonable.
@bwatt99

I believe @apsmith21 mentioned that he was going to try to restock the Group Buy with copies at a reduced price due to Best Buy's new sale price if he can get more copies as well price adjust the shipping cost for those who purchased this at the old group buy price.

Reactions: apsmith21 and AndyC
@bwatt99

I believe @apsmith21 mentioned that he was going to try to restock the Group Buy with copies at a reduced price due to Best Buy's new sale price if he can get more copies as well price adjust the shipping cost for those who purchased this at the old group buy price.

Yeah, i’ve already adjusted the price for new orders when I restock, just not the details of the listing. Anyone that already purchased will get a credit on shipping or direct refund depending - I’m waiting for some of my orders to ship and need to make sure we get the lower price or if I have to contact customer service for a price match.

Picked this and Hocus Pocus up this morning. They hadn’t made it to the floor yet, so the employee had to run to the back. She said they were still in the shipping box. Both were dented in the same place on the bottom left corner from the underside, making the front slightly protrude. Noticed when I got home before opening. Gotta swap it out.

I’m visiting family today and went to a store I don’t normally. No customers in the store, associates were too lazy to check the back for more copies of Hocus Pocus. They were like it’s not on the floor so we don’t have it...and i’m like ok, sure but I know you have them and then they were on me about being a reseller...lol

What a mess. I’ll try my regular store on Tuesday.

PS if any USA members can grab copies of this for the group buy, please give me a shout, thanks.

i picked up my copy yesterday night and actually i think is a really cool steelbook, i have the original BB release and nothing compares to it but this is a very nice companion to it, and man i dont remember we having such a cheap price fro something Disney ever, plus i have 5 bucks rewards, this is great!

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles
I went back to my first BB to see if they had an undamaged copy, but the remaining two were worse than what I had. So I went to another one today and got lucky. I love this release. It’s simple design, great embossing, I like the little artwork on the back, and the inside is alright. The embossing and the glow are what sell it for me. And you can’t beat that price.

I went to Best Buy this morning and didn’t see this release out on the shelves. I asked a store clerk and she checked in the back. Success! They had just arrived and she snagged me a copy of “NIghtmare” (and “Hocus Pocus”). Both Steels rang up normally ($12.99 each) and I got to go home with them. They both look stunning (probably they best Best Buy has had in awhile... definitely compared to some of the other current releases), but the “Nightmare” Steel looks so awesome in-hand. Matte black which embossing in all the right places. Great addition to my collection. I was pleasantly surprised by this edition.